Votes: 73 92.4%
  • Lampard

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pirlo

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Saunders

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
They say he is strong in possession, passing and defense. Probably should work on his handball goals and passes leading to corners though.
Or that he disappeared against the Cosmos in what should have been a personal showcase game (regardless of the rest of the lineup), and seems to have continually disappointed a coach who is a much better judge of performance and team fit than I am. I have always been a huge Mix fan and supporter, and often the opposite for FF, but I don't think the comparison of present value and better fit for the team right now is even close between them. Just a friendly difference of opinion.

I love the way he tracks back to defend.

I remember one instance where he came all the way back to NYCFC's own 18 to take the ball off a RBNY player from behind, basically killing a good opportunity for them. He was all over the field. Well done.

I think he was also fired up as he got his first goal against RBNY, as I'm sure he heard that he had struck out against them in 4 prior games.

Some thoughts on tomorrow's match, and some shameless reliving of this past weekend.

Good stuff, as always. I like the cold open with the Villa goal. Posting a reply here because there is good stuff about the NJ game. For one, how completely absent Bradley Wright-Phillips was in the game. He fumbled a couple balls out of bounds and took a couple wild shots, but that was it.

By the way, I saw the Hostfrom226 at halftime of the game. I was going to introduce myself, but he was stepping up to the urinal in the Men's room behind Section 234, so it didn't seem like the best time for me to stick out my palm for a handshake.

For one, how completely absent Bradley Wright-Phillips was in the game. He fumbled a couple balls out of bounds and took a couple wild shots, but that was it.

We have Mena to thank for that. BWP has never had a physical defender to try and out-muscle, it's always been Hernandez. This showed perfectly the shortcomings our defense has had to overcome in past games. I fully expect Mena to man-up against and out muscle Kamara Wednesday.

Reactions: Viewfrom226
I am intrigued by a comment from Lampard after the game.

“We had the bit between our teeth today. We wanted to win. They enjoyed their win here — possibly too much — after the last game around the dressing room, and we answered them this time.’’

Does anyone know if there is more to the story? It seems odd to come out and say they enjoyed themselves too much "around the dressing room".

“We had the bit between our teeth today. We wanted to win. They enjoyed their win here — possibly too much — after the last game around the dressing room, and we answered them this time.’’

Does anyone know if there is more to the story? It seems odd to come out and say they enjoyed themselves too much "around the dressing room".
I took it as they've been resting on their laurels and still mentally celebrating the thrashing they gave us.

Reactions: Ccmcadam and JayH

Their players did go over the top on full blast after the last game in interviews, social media, etc., which may not actually be "around the dressing room" but that may be what he meant.

Reactions: Ulrich
Their players did go over the top on full blast after the last game in interviews, social media, etc., which may not actually be "around the dressing room" but that may be what he meant.
Even pre-game before this one, there were some WWE-like quotes from Dax and co. which I thought were too cocky.

Even pre-game before this one, there were some WWE-like quotes from Dax and co. which I thought were too cocky.
That's why Dax was my RB Bastard in my Battle of the Bastards pre-game post! He never stops slinging shade either directly or via his twitter hounds.

Reactions: JayH
Damn, this completely slipped my mind in the aftermath of the game.......

They made mention at least twice during the broadcast there was some sort of incident under the stands after the match when both teams headed for the locker room after 0-7.

Anybody know what may have taken place?

Damn, this completely slipped my mind in the aftermath of the game.......

They made mention at least twice during the broadcast there was some sort of incident under the stands after the match when both teams headed for the locker room after 0-7.

Anybody know what may have taken place?
oh man, I do vaguely remember hearing something about this, but I don't remember any sort of clarification. One can only assume that a lot of smack was slung in close proximity....

Reactions: Gene
I say you play your best CM, Diskerud, and relegate holiday frank to the bench for late game appearances like they did in Manchester. Mix plays defense and isn't careless with possession.
Did you watch the game? Lampard saved what was probably going to be a sure goal. Playing defense.

Reactions: Ulrich
I remember him leaving Felipe wide open for a sure goal, when did he save one?
I couldn't tell you the minute or which player he robbed, but the guy was in on the box with direct access to Saunders, and Lampard came out of nowhere and took the ball. It was seriously a hold-your-breath moment until he arrived.

Reactions: JayH
Good stuff, as always. I like the cold open with the Villa goal. Posting a reply here because there is good stuff about the NJ game. For one, how completely absent Bradley Wright-Phillips was in the game. He fumbled a couple balls out of bounds and took a couple wild shots, but that was it.

By the way, I saw the Hostfrom226 at halftime of the game. I was going to introduce myself, but he was stepping up to the urinal in the Men's room behind Section 234, so it didn't seem like the best time for me to stick out my palm for a handshake.
Sorry to have missed the chance to say hello, though I suppose it would have been an awkward intro.

My usual game companions weren't around, so I sold my tickets in 226 and came and sat out in 234 for the day. Fun to get a different perspective, and it paid off nicely watching that Lampard to Harrison to Villa goal!

Goes to show how well Doyle has done his self-appointed job of being a dick about NYCFC. He goes out of his way. It's incomprehensible & indefensible.

2. The video embedded at the top of this page keys in on the role Jack Harrison has played for NYCFC thus far in his brief career, and specifically in Sunday's huge New York Derby win over RBNY.

Harrison's ability to properly weight passes when on the run is already elite. Enjoy him while you have him, NYCFC fans.

Fuck off, Doyle. What a prick. At this point I can't tell who he hates more, the team or us.

View attachment 5221
Here is Stank Frank's contributions to a derby game.

41 touches, second lowest on team to T Mac. 62% passing. Invisible on defense despite being in a shell all game. Our midfield was completely overrun all game and we couldn't keep possession. (He was "covering" Felipe on his open header that nearly equalized for the shits.
Not pretty, though I will say that in watching the condensed 20 minutes version of the game on MLS Live, he was the direct pass or the secondary pass on at least 4 or 5 goal scoring opportunities. It struck me if only because I didn't remember him doing that much other than playing a very nice ball down the sideline for Harrison to run onto which led to the second goal.

Not pretty, though I will say that in watching the condensed 20 minutes version of the game on MLS Live, he was the direct pass or the secondary pass on at least 4 or 5 goal scoring opportunities. It struck me if only because I didn't remember him doing that much other than playing a very nice ball down the sideline for Harrison to run onto which led to the second goal.
Sweet, if only that was all a central midfielder had to do.

Reactions: joe
Sweet, if only that was all a central midfielder had to do.
Certainly not, though that is the one position where I think you can carry a bit of a passenger if he is poaching goals and setting up opportunities. What killed us early in the year when we drew all those games was our inability to turn possession into goals and he just helps with that, even if it is often ugly.

That said, I do think we were badly exposed in the first half of the match when we just couldn't hold possession in our half of the midfield and a lot of that is on him.

I remember him leaving Felipe wide open for a sure goal, when did he save one?
In the 13th minute. Connor Lade was the attacker. He took a long pass and was loosely marked by Harrison but was past him. Mena was our only defender in the box and was way too far away. It's included in the condensed match if you have MLS Live.

Reactions: Gotham Gator