Revolution Postmatch

Wow. I left the chat at the end of the game.

All of these n00bs showed up and started spamming bullshit about Saunders. WTF? Does he have that many children and are they old enough to be on this forum?

There isn't? I don't know where the hell I got that from. Lol
There was confusion about this on the broadcast but they never resolved the issue. Anyway, it doesn't matter in the end. 1 nil or 2 nil, it's 3 points either way. Except, perhaps for some progress on the goal differential.

There is no such thing as a last man pk dude.

It's DOGSO, which is a red card. If it happens in the 18, it's also a penalty. Often referred to as "triple strike" as the keeper would get a red, PK, and miss the next game. There's been some discussion about softening that because it is so severe. (Happened to some keepers in Champions League and there was an uproar).

Would have been hilarious to see a field player try to stop Pirlo's FK, was so wishing he got that on frame. Oh well.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
There was confusion about this on the broadcast but they never resolved the issue. Anyway, it doesn't matter in the end. 1 nil or 2 nil, it's 3 points either way. Except, perhaps for some progress on the goal differential.

The confused announcer acknowledged he messed up. And Ian said it was almost like a pk for Pirlo from that distance to try to soften the mistake.

Sloppy game but it sure was fun to watch, at least for the first 75 minutes or so. Having both Pirlo and Iraola playing out of the back is amazing and players consistently ready to receive the ball on both touchlines does wonders. We may not be the best team in MLS but I don't think there is a more exciting attacking side in the league right now.

Lampard and Tmac - especially Tmac - were poor right up until they scored.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Shelton actually looked okay. His did well to hold up the ball on his first run until he had support and his pass to Lampard was fine, it was Lampard who should have done better. And he of course did well to earn the red card at the end.

I'm not all that optimistic for the SKC game but this was a great way to start our road trip.

The confused announcer acknowledged he messed up. And Ian said it was almost like a pk for Pirlo from that distance to try to soften the mistake.
yep, those 30 yard free kicks are exactly the same. The announcer crew did not have a very good game tonight.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Shelton actually looked okay. His did well to hold up the ball on his first run until he had support and his pass to Lampard was fine, it was Lampard who should have done better. And he of course did well to earn the red card at the end.

I'm not all that optimistic for the SKC game but this was a great way to start our road trip.
GET OFF THAT LIMB AND GET BACK INTO THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW, YOUNG MAN!

yep, those 30 yard free kicks are exactly the same. The announcer crew did not have a very good game tonight.
Ian joy was ripping mena all night despite him shutting down Kamara again.

Lampard had another nice day on vacation, with another gift of a goal for him. No pressing, little positive passing. Only macnamara was worse.

Don't understand taking off both fullbacks against a team so dangerous from the wings. Once we went to a three man back line, they had tons of space and I think it was scarier than it had to be.

Legitimately top of the table and third in supporters sheild.

What a professional, organized win. In the first half there was about a 10-15 minute stretch that was some beautiful soccer, the passing, the positioning was beautiful to see.

Yes, there was some botched finishing by the Revs, but it was very similar to the RBNY game - didn't really let the Revs get anything through the middle at all.

What is impressive is how NYCFC controls the tempo of the game, pushes at times and sits back at others. It's clear that the players are bought in and know their job.

Oh, and nice run by Tommy Mac and great cross for the goal.

Everyone talks about Pirlo's free kicks, but I think his work in tight spaces is even more amazing, when he just plays rope-a-dope with a defender. "The ball's over here. Whoops, I moved it. It's over here now." Then he just pinwheels away and starts a rush. It's breathtaking. The guy does so many little things that no one else can do. Incredible.

On the other end, wouldn't surprise me to see Mena on the bench next game. He was a turnover machine tonight.

Franchise-record 272 consecutive minutes without allowing a goal. Raise your hand if you saw that coming. Put your hand down, liar.

Guess I was distracted watching the unusual situation with Pirlo trying to score off a field player putting on gloves with time running out and us about to go 4 in a row.