Revolution Postmatch

Thought it was a great game in that we were playing beautiful football at times and dug it out at others.

Lampard is playing like the player we needed in there - linking up the attacking play and just being smarter and braver than other players. We have a few midfielders like Mikey or Ballouchy who don't react quickly or with enough pizzazz, but Fat Frank has been a great link between Pirlo and the front line as well as his play with Villa and Harrison.

Mena had another solid game - he's being well utilized as a lump in the last line of defence. In school we had a mate that played rugby and had no love for football or idea how to play well, but he was often a solid defender - we just put him at the back and he didn't do much, just attacked the ball when it came near him, nicked it off other players and gave it to someone else. Mena reminded me of this in that he's a bit of a bombscare, but has his uses.

And wow Khiry Shelton is shit.

Bad game from TMac, but he did have some good midfield link up and apparently leads our team in assists, so we can keep him and his beautiful hair on the pitch.

ETA: We played well, but a big contributing factor was just how bad New England were. It was almost like they didn't want to win.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Forget Ben Affleck ! He's a hack and for sure will be the ruin of the up coming Batman!! To me David Villa is Batman! With his English improved he has to be the last and final man to play this part that was made for him!! Gee i wonder who they could cast as Robin if that was to be considered?? Somebody i know would have to Shave!!

Reactions: sbrylski and Lasker
Forget Ben Affleck ! He's a hack and for sure will be the ruin of the up coming Batman!! To me David Villa is Batman! With his English improved he has to be the last and final man to play this part that was made for him!! Gee i wonder who they could cast as Robin if that was to be considered?? Somebody i know would have to Shave!!

Robin can't be Taller than Batman!!

Road Warriors!

sprained-ankle.jpg

(I had a bit of a problem jumping back on the Lampard Bandwagon. :rolleyes: )

So we're top of the East, but given that the East is the weaker of the two conferences it might also cheer you to know that we'd be in 3rd place in the West right now, two points clear of RSL and four points behind #1 Dallas.
But the Rapids and RSL have both played two fewer games than Dallas and us. Based on PPG, we'd be in 4th in the West.

Can we just marvel at how awful the rev's pitch is, it was like a cloud of black would spray up with every step, and the ball would stop after five feet, I think that is a big reason Mena turned the ball over so much, but thankfully we made it out of there with all three points!

It doesn't need to be in the box. Ref could have called a pk on the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, but likely didn't because of how far away it was from the goal (and how bad Khiry is at finishing...)

No, that was never a PK for the simple reason that it was outside the penalty area.

I'm really surprised that so many people are confused by this. DOGSO is a red card offense, and can happen anywhere, it has nothing to do with PKs. Maybe people are confused because many/most DOGSO calls do occur in the penalty area?

It doesn't need to be in the box. Ref could have called a pk on the denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity, but likely didn't because of how far away it was from the goal (and how bad Khiry is at finishing...)
I'm going to have to require a rule citation. I looked for it myself, and I believe you are (and Tom and I were) wrong on this point. I came up with nothing.

No, that was never a PK for the simple reason that it was outside the penalty area.

I'm really surprised that so many people are confused by this. DOGSO is a red card offense, and can happen anywhere, it has nothing to do with PKs. Maybe people are confused because many/most DOGSO calls do occur in the penalty area?
That's exactly what it is.