Revs Postmatch

Oh no we suck again...

jQN4FNW.gif

Dead horse I know but if there are any Saunders defenders left please explain why he was on his knees well before the shot was even taken on the first goal

Dead horse I know but if there are any Saunders defenders left please explain why he was on his knees well before the shot was even taken on the first goal

I'm not defending him at all. Just providing an answer since I played the position. He's guarding against the low shot to the near post. He probably couldn't react to such a shot in time standing up so the leg has to go down. Still, poor positioning.

Reactions: Goodfella
I turned the game off as soon as time got called... did they give any more clarity on wtf happened with bravo?

I turned the game off as soon as time got called... did they give any more clarity on wtf happened with bravo?
Yeah he got fouled so they gave him a red obviously.. standard stuff.... also worth noting apparently we're out of appeals from the PV Chanot appeals so we can't appeal it. I think its hilarious and very mls like that you need to appeal and they don't just look at the controversial calls each week.

Yeah he got fouled so they gave him a red obviously.. standard stuff.... also worth noting apparently we're out of appeals from the PV Chanot appeals so we can't appeal it. I think its hilarious and very mls like that you need to appeal and they don't just look at the controversial calls each week.

pretty sure they can still choose to review it if they want, we just can't force them to. did vieira manage to not get tossed post-game?

Sick commercial on YES promoting next weeks game... however they say both teams coming into the game in first place... whoops little did they know we were going to shit the bed this week.... then lay in it roll around and snort it like a scene from Scarface

pretty sure they can still choose to review it if they want, we just can't force them to. did vieira manage to not get tossed post-game?
Easy answer to both questions... I am not sure lol

I don't think Saunders had a bad game today but it seems like there are some shots that he can hold onto but always punches out into dangerous territory.

I have never been a Mena fan and today just convinces me even more he should not be in the starting back four. When Brillant or Chanot are not available I put Hernandez in there over Mena. When Mata is out, would like to see Martinez but that does not seem that will ever happen. When RJ is out, I would put Hernandez and White over Mena.

Khiry definitely looked better over these past 2 games then he has looked over the past 2 years. Must be the haircut.

Reactions: ktdNYCFC
I'm not defending him at all. Just providing an answer since I played the position. He's guarding against the low shot to the near post. He probably couldn't react to such a shot in time standing up so the leg has to go down. Still, poor positioning.

Appreciate the explanation, as the leader of the #starterik charge I would never accuse you of defending Saunders. Not trying to be argumentative but it still seems a bit extreme, as it always is with Saunders. He went to his knees so early he looks like he thinks he's playing hockey.

Screen Shot 2016-09-10 at 10.32.25 PM.png

Edit: If I was better at photoshop I'd give him pads, a helmet and and hockey stick.

Last edited:
Appreciate the explanation, as the leader of the #starterik charge I would never accuse you of defending Saunders. Not trying to be argumentative but it still seems a bit extreme, as it always is with Saunders. He went to his knees so early he looks like he thinks he's playing hockey.

View attachment 5727

Edit: If I was better at photoshop I'd give him pads, a helmet and and hokey stick.
Funny enough Agudelo tried to 5 hole him and failed.... He may have a future for the Puerto Rican national team hockey goalie

Reactions: gbservis
FCD should send NYCFC a bouquet of roses, the Revs played their first choice lineup (and didn't play Kamara - they are a better team without trying to play to him).

NYCFC starts each game with so little energy and in second gear - just once I would like them to come out and punch the other team in the mouth, instead of coolly passing it around and settling in.

Also, PV needs to start training set pieces. Agudelo's goal was a set piece screwup when everybody turned off once the ball was cleared. If NYCFC was average instead of awful on set pieces they would be leading the East comfortably.

Most likely this loss means that top 2 is out of reach, TOR is basically now at home to finish the season and RBNY is also stacked with home games.

0 wins, 2 ties and 3 losses on the road in the past 5 games. And I believe now NYCFC is no longer above .500 on the road. Toronto and RBNY are winning on the road now.

Clear your calendar for the midweek playoff game, we're heading to Yankee Stadium.

FCD should send NYCFC a bouquet of roses, the Revs played their first choice lineup (and didn't play Kamara - they are a better team without trying to play to him).

NYCFC starts each game with so little energy and in second gear - just once I would like them to come out and punch the other team in the mouth, instead of coolly passing it around and settling in.

Also, PV needs to start training set pieces. Agudelo's goal was a set piece screwup when everybody turned off once the ball was cleared. If NYCFC was average instead of awful on set pieces they would be leading the East comfortably.

Most likely this loss means that top 2 is out of reach, TOR is basically now at home to finish the season and RBNJ is also stacked with home games.

0 wins, 2 ties and 3 losses on the road in the past 5 games. And I believe now NYCFC is no longer above .500 on the road. Toronto and RBNJ are winning on the road now.

Clear your calendar for the midweek playoff game, we're heading to Yankee Stadium.
Fuck dude I can't do week day games. I just won't go I work too much for that shit.