2024 Schedule Thread

oof do i really want to be out in the 2PM sun to maybe see messi? i think i might sell my ticket and make profit instead.
I understand the impulse to sell and finance your season, but 2pm in late September is as close to a lock on perfect temperature as you’re gonna get in this town.

I understand the impulse to sell and finance your season, but 2pm in late September is as close to a lock on perfect temperature as you’re gonna get in this town.
I don’t know… that RB game in bleachers I was feeling the sun in the second half.

From my extensive US Open experience, Labor Day weekend is typically more crisp and moderate than the week before. It's when things often change. It can still be plenty hot in the sun, however.

Someone measured MLS 2024 schedule difficulty based on 2023 non-penalty xG. NYCFC has the easiest Home and Away schedule by this metric. I'm passing this on even though I think it's borderline useless because of the extent to which teams improve or fall in quality year to year.

I can only speak from my personal experience as a non-STH who likes to sit in the 200 section and I think that $399 package isn't bad at all.

When these seats go on sale individually on Ticketmaster each and every game is going to have that "Premium Match" tag attached to it. Going by past experience it's a pretty good assumption on my part that Portland & Philly will run $75 a pop to sit in a section like 205 at YS and the Red Bulls will run about $85 in the 300 section at CF. I have no interest in the Leagues Cup, so I have no idea what they charged last year. $65+ sounds about right.

As for Messi? I'll be shocked if there's going to be a ticket < $150 at Citi Field Yankee Stadium.

Last edited:
Reactions: mgarbowski
They also get butts in seats for one Leagues Cup match.
That’s such a wild card. Atlas again? Some meh East Conference team we already host annually?
IIRC the MLS part of the draw is regional so probably northeast corridor plus Montreal and Toronto the only options. Unless you’re a LIGAMX fan and get your fave team there’s not much that’s exciting. I guess a derby is the next best option.

I'll be damned, I could have sworn it was going to be in Queens. My error.

Either way the original thought stands. It's going to cost a lot to sit up in the 400 section when tickets go on sale. And personally it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the team only sells this match in a package deal.

I'll be damned, I could have sworn it was going to be in Queens. My error.

Either way the original thought stands. It's going to cost a lot to sit up in the 400 section when tickets go on sale. And personally it wouldn't surprise me in the least if the team only sells this match in a package deal.

Yeah I'm expecting to get a choose your games mini-plan this year of 5 or 6 games. Wouldn't surprise me if the Miami game isn't included. They're going to squeeze that game for all its worth.

Reactions: Gene
I'd definitely consider selling my Messi tickets if they're going for crazy prices and it'd fund the rest of the season.

I'd definitely consider selling my Messi tickets if they're going for crazy prices and it'd fund the rest of the season.

I would love to be able to watch him in person for the first (and probably only) time of my life, but if ticket prices are prohibitive, it's not happening. There is a number at which I'll be priced out.