Ryan Meara To Nycfc!

Sure that DC United spoke of a site that would have room for later expansion down the road. That's really should be a priority for NYCFC as well (and New York is the real symbol of growth in the US not DC.) I'm not sure how big the initial proposed Bronx site was but does anyone think that would have had scope beyond 30,000? I guess it depends on the timescale but when I read about RFK I noticed Washington Redskins want a new stadium. The one they have now is under 20 years old!

Reactions: Kjbert
I'm not sure how big the initial proposed Bronx site was but does anyone think that would have had scope beyond 30,000?

Reports around this time last year were all quoting a NY Post piece saying the plan was for a 28,000 seat arena. I've seen that repeated in the recent coverage about how close they were to closing the deal, too.

Speaking of restrictive loan agreements, Ryan Bertrand, who has been one of the better BPL defenders this year, has to sit out tomorrow's clash with Chelsea, as it was part of his loan agreement. So it's not unheard of in the top leagues.

Speaking of restrictive loan agreements, Ryan Bertrand, who has been one of the better BPL defenders this year, has to sit out tomorrow's clash with Chelsea, as it was part of his loan agreement. So it's not unheard of in the top leagues.

Not unheard of, but I've personally never heard of two players having to sit out of a derby games because of a loan agreement between local rivals.

In fact it's a requirement in a lot of top European leagues like the Prem and La Liga to not allow loan players to play against their parent club.

Yes that is true. The only reason Courtois was able to play against Chelsea last year in the UCL was because they don't have any rules of that nature in the competition.

Reactions: kun and Kjbert