Scouting NYCFC's Next DP Signing

NYCFCfan

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Sep 9, 2014
Ok, so this article took a while and A LOT of research.

Hopefully it gives you guys something to read if you're traveling over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Let me know what you guys think. It's 40 names so there is a lot to go through. Not all of them would be DPs as some could even be big impact players at a minimal budget charge (think Mataritta 2.0).

http://thenycfcnation.sportsblog.com/posts/29765464/scouting-nycfc-s-next-dp-signing.html

Enjoy, I look forward to the discussion to come from this.

That certainly looks like it took a fairly impressive amount of work. I am curious, though, as to what exactly your criteria were for including players (or not) on this list. Were they all players you thought we have a serious chance of signing? Were they all players brought to your attention by various media, or did you pick and choose through every squad of a major team, etc?

Hopefully it gives you guys something to read if you're traveling over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Let me know what you guys think. It's 40 names so there is a lot to go through. Not all of them would be DPs as some could even be big impact players at a minimal budget charge (think Mataritta 2.0).

http://thenycfcnation.sportsblog.com/posts/29765464/scouting-nycfc-s-next-dp-signing.html

I haven't even clicked the link yet and I already like it. Thanks!!!

Reactions: Kjbert
Awesome work

Read on my commute home - pretty damn pumped about this teams future and the position our ownership puts us in (when people tried to sell our ownership as a negative)

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert

This is terrific. I now can't wait for your next masterpiece - 40 Sites for the New Stadium not yet Covered in the Stadium Discussion Thread.

Theses Names aren't big stars with the exception of Fernando Torres witch would work well for David since they know each other . Andrea's already played with Klass-Jan Huntelaar at AC Milan. If they go with someone else on the list they can avoid all the Crap that comes with Star Power and get back to being a good working team with the're eye on the ball .

I know Star Power fills seats of the average shit head with No Clue or Love for the team or sport !! It's my Hope that they can now start to build a Very Strong focal point around the man who deserves it the most !! Tommy Mac. Look for what you already have for the Good of this teams future! Our Sweet Bulldog is in his Prime and this is after all America .. Americans Love and Want Fresh Face good boy's in Hero positions for any sport.

How Sad for me as a Home Depot employee to see our advertisement all around the Pitch when 90% of customers with there work boots and Carhart have No Fkn Idea who even David or Andrea is?? Oh sure they may have heard of Messi or Ronaldo but they don't give a Shit about them or soccer in their world of lumber and tools. If this teams plays there cards right and start to make Big of what is already there's then the people I see and everybody else will know!!

We Have Got to learn from this same trap that happens over and over no matter who comes over ! Americans want the American story ! When will the MLS wake up and stop complaining about the growth of the game? Fancy DP's may fill seats but they're not ours and they don't advance this sport in an American capacity .

38 of which are locations in either the Hudson or East River that haven't been mentioned yet. #EtihadIsland
"Bro, we talked about this four pages ago. You can't put an island there, the tides are all wrong. Where's that index, Intern?"

Really great work. I think you deserve a ton of credit.

For discussion sake, a few standout hell yeahs and wtfs:
Valbuena is a great call. He's a sneaky little bastard. I think Benzema shitting on him means he won't be back in France's team.

Kalou is American, isn't he? I also think he might be tough to get since Hertha are competing for UCL.

That Uruguayan kid isn't really available. He's already owned by LFC and well-regarded by everyone there.

I had no idea Jon Obi was not even 30 yet. I think he has gotten a few games this year, hasn't he? Still, he would be a great player for us now that I know he isn't 40. Or is he? Pretty sure he's one of those guys who would need a bone scan for an age-req tourney.

Last edited:
That certainly looks like it took a fairly impressive amount of work. I am curious, though, as to what exactly your criteria were for including players (or not) on this list. Were they all players you thought we have a serious chance of signing? Were they all players brought to your attention by various media, or did you pick and choose through every squad of a major team, etc?
I mentioned it briefly. I looked for players below 30, with minor injury histories, with expiring contracts or free agents, who are affordable or on the trading block, and who are realtisic signings (except Isco, that's just me dreaming). Hence, no Neymar's or any other global stars.

Some players I have been personally tracking for a while. Bruno Mars Johnson and Pablo Galdames for example. The rest, I mostly searched through squads of A LOT of teams.

Naturally I excluded a lot but that's just because they didn't fit my criteria, nor did I think they were realistic for us to sign. Fernandinho fits the above categories, but I think he gets re-signed.

I'm sure I missed some because I'm just one guy with limited time, but that's how I got these 40.

Really great work. I think you deserve a ton of credit.

For discussion sake, a few standout hell yeahs and wtfs:
Valbuena is a great call. He's a sneaky little bastard. I think Benzema shitting on him means he won't be back in France's team.

Kalou is American, isn't he? I also think he might be tough to get since Hertha are competing for UCL.

That Uruguayan kid isn't really available. He's already owned by LFC and well-regarded by everyone there.

I had no idea Jon Obi was not even 30 yet. I think he has gotten a few games this year, hasn't he? Still, he would be a great player for us now that I know he isn't 40. Or is he? Pretty sure he's one of those guys who would need a bone scan for an age-req tourney.
I haven't been able to find any where that says Kalou is American, so I feel you find it let me know and I'll edit it. I agree he may be tough to get but I've seen him around Yankee Stadium before so… that's my reason for including him.

Yeah I thought Obi Mikel was 33 or something.

Which Uruguayan are you talking about?

Last edited:
I haven't been able to find any where that says Kalou is American, so I feel you find it let me know and I'll edit it. I agree he may be tough to get but I've seen him around Yankee Stadium before so… that's my reason for including him.

Yeah I thought Obi Mikel was 33 or something.

Which Uruguayan are you talking about?
I think that may be my bad. Got him confused with the other Hertha forward (eta: IBISEVIC). Actually, the one who is American (ETA: AGAIN, IBISEVIC) might be as good or better shout for us.

Nico dlc

Last edited:
I think that may be my bad. Got him confused with the other Hertha forward. Actually, the one who is American might be as good or better shout for us.

Nico dlc
Nico is owned by Liverpool of Montevideo, not the Premier League side. You're right that he's well regarded there but I think the right offer can tempt him to the US.

As for the Berlin player, the only American they have is defender John Brooks. Maybe you're thinking of Hamburg's Bobby Wood? He's doing really well in Germay and personally I don't see him wanting to give that up anytime soon. I'm sure he'll get poached by another European club soon.

This is why you are the best NYCFC reporter. I hope you are making money off this somehow.
Well thanks to advertising revenue from the blog site it's literally pennies per click! So not much, but I do it out of love, not because I'm trying to get rich. In the end I think that's the best way to do it, otherwise I'd be putting out click bait articles and would have made this a 40 page slide show. :tearsofjoy:

Well thanks to advertising revenue from the blog site it's literally pennies per click! So not much, but I do it out of love, not because I'm trying to get rich. In the end I think that's the best way to do it, otherwise I'd be putting out click bait articles and would have made this a 40 page slide show. :tearsofjoy:
Like the 40 Hottest MLS WAGS Slide Show.

Like the 40 Hottest MLS WAGS Slide Show.
Whew, you're right. Some truly hot wags.
giphy.gif