Scouting NYCFC's Next DP Signing

Ok, so this article took a while and A LOT of research.

Hopefully it gives you guys something to read if you're traveling over the Thanksgiving Holiday. Let me know what you guys think. It's 40 names so there is a lot to go through. Not all of them would be DPs as some could even be big impact players at a minimal budget charge (think Mataritta 2.0).

http://thenycfcnation.sportsblog.com/posts/29765464/scouting-nycfc-s-next-dp-signing.html

Enjoy, I look forward to the discussion to come from this.

interesting....well see if the signings are anywhere close to this list.

as for Damm....tigres bought him for 10M....they want more than that so i will scratch him off the list.

Reactions: Kjbert
interesting....well see if the signings are anywhere close to this list.

as for Damm....tigres bought him for 10M....they want more than that so i will scratch him off the list.
I wouldn't cross his name off the list just yet. If NYCFC wanted to spend the money he's available. He's on the radar of Manchester United and Borrusia Dortmund because of his talent already.

Nico is owned by Liverpool of Montevideo, not the Premier League side. You're right that he's well regarded there but I think the right offer can tempt him to the US.

As for the Berlin player, the only American they have is defender John Brooks. Maybe you're thinking of Hamburg's Bobby Wood? He's doing really well in Germay and personally I don't see him wanting to give that up anytime soon. I'm sure he'll get poached by another European club soon.
Ibisevic is American.

On the other, I guess I got him confused because I thought LFC had bought some South American and left him at his club there. Good for us.

BTW - here's a good read on Vedad from my fellow Mississippi native.

Nothing Stays Buried

Last edited:
Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert
Oh, and while we're at it, Sandro Sirigu (famed here in the States mostly for getting pantsed by Pulisic earlier this year) checks all of the boxes to be a target at RB. If Darmstadt gets relegated, we should slide in there mid-season.

He has never gotten his American passport, but all he'd have to do is apply.

Reactions: Kjbert and sbrylski
A guy that we never talk about but is on a free this summer and wants the hell out of his club is Saido Berahino.

What's Fabian Delph doing?

Reactions: Christopher Jee
A guy that we never talk about but is on a free this summer and wants the hell out of his club is Saido Berahino.

What's Fabian Delph doing?
I don't think the club would be interested in Berahino. He caused a huge stink when West Brom wouldn't sell him to Spurs. I think that attitude is exactly what Reyna is trying to avoid.

Rossis situation is very interesting. Could be had on a deal similar to de Jong. Guys just not healthy.

Well he'd instantly be the best DMid in the league by a crazy margin.... Pirlo could pretty much wave ole and know the ball would be hawked down and back to him faster than Lalas talking about which NYCFC is showing up that week.
And imagine actually having a target in the air on set pieces and crosses into the box. Would be a coup for MLS to get him at this point in his career (albeit I believe with some injuries in recent years.)

And imagine actually having a target in the air on set pieces and crosses into the box. Would be a coup for MLS to get him at this point in his career (albeit I believe with some injuries in recent years.)
Get Rossi and Khedira, and as long as our medical/training staff keeps their heads in the game, and we'll immediately have a skilled spine to scheme off of. Or Nasri & Kdedira... now that would be a crazy midfield.

I remember Jack saw Khedira at a steakhouse in a city some time back and he told him that he would be playing in MLS (maybe NYCFC) soon...

IT'S HAPPENING!

Reactions: Jack and Kjbert