Sean Johnson [Goalkeeper]

Against the minnows of Concacaf where he won't be tested...

likely will get the game vs grenada. el salvador away would have been a good game. i say they should split the 4 games and see who performs better. pretty sure johnson has better feet than turner.

Good luck to Johnson in t-3 hours. The most challenging friendly in the lineup, he really needs to perform and if he does well I think he can assume the #2 role.

Go USMNT, Go NYCFC!

This may have been discussed prior, but as it stands, is SJ the only keeper in the pool (capped within the last year) that is certain to be the #1 at his club?

Reactions: Sabo
This may have been discussed prior, but as it stands, is SJ the only keeper in the pool (capped within the last year) that is certain to be the #1 at his club?
Horvath might have a shot, but probably yes. Which I think should mean SJ should at least make the squad if he doesn’t suddenly play terribly. The team should have at least one keeper who actually plays.

Translation for the lazy (like me)
View attachment 12499
So wait… this is definitely saying Sean is Going to Toronto. But are they saying Matt Hedges is also going to Toronto? I’m trying to get the nuances from the French tweet because the translation switches a lot around. But, I am not sure what is happening with Hedges. I’m also thinking Patrice wrote a very poorly worded tweet and gave Google translate no chance of understanding what he’s saying

I'm pretty sure Hedges signed a deal with Toronto about a month ago.

Just a matter of time before Johnson signs on in Toronto or somewhere else.

Well, he certainly had his ups and downs, but man were those ups something!

Thanks for going right, Sean. ⭐

I still don’t understand why we needed a 3 way trade to get him. ATL traded CHI some GAM for him then flipped him to us for GAM & TAM. Did we not have enough GAM & CHI didn’t want TAM, but ATL was ok with a little extra TAM instead so they helped us both out? So Peak MLS…

I still don’t understand why we needed a 3 way trade to get him. ATL traded CHI some GAM for him then flipped him to us for GAM & TAM. Did we not have enough GAM & CHI didn’t want TAM, but ATL was ok with a little extra TAM instead so they helped us both out? So Peak MLS…

There was a lot of thought that Atlanta changed its mind when Guzan became available, but the two trades were basically simultaneous. But maybe the CHI-ATL deal was done a few days before it was announced, or maybe Chicago was more willing to let Johnson go to an expansion team and was bamboozled (though I never saw that actually suggested).

Reactions: adam