• Total voters

LionNYC

Registered
Staff member
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
New York, NY
The Cosmos beat us, we don't like the Cosmos. So they will be playing the Red Bulls, we don't like the Red Bulls. So who do we root for? Who are you rooting for to win?

I'm hoping for a massive bout of food poisoning for both teams that fully manifests itself in the 23rd minute requiring the game be stopped and after an hour delay for cleaning the field both teams declare themselves unfit to continue and forfeit the game.

Cosmos. Winning the Cup would be huge for them, and I want to see success from aspiring teams.

I really admire the Cosmos' management for having passed on the chance to join MLS because they didn't want to lose control of their logos and other marks, and because they wanted to retain the ability to sign their own players.

I like the Cosmos a lot, and I root for them -- in all games but last night's. But now that last night's game is over, I can appreciate their come-from-behind win, and I can congratulate them for having been the better team on the night. I hope they go on to win the competition.

Until NYCFC came along, I couldn't be bothered with MLS. The MetroStars didn't move me; and the Red Bulls disgusted me. I think that this describes many of us. But just because we are now NYCFC fans, that doesn't mean that we have forgotten about MLS's flaws. The single-entity structure is a scam on both players and fans; and the bloated playoffs rob the regular season of meaning. So the Cosmos, representing a rejection of the MLS way of doing things, should be attractive to us.

Also, the team's current management have revived a great New York institution that meant so much to soccer when we were kids (or even before some of us were born), a team that is responsible for soccer's move into the mainstream of American sports. And they have kept the logo intact! We as New Yorkers have to love all of this.

So I hope that the rivalry between NYCFC fans and Cosmos fans can be purely friendly, and that we can save our vitriol for our common enemy, the Red Bulls.

nycfc-cosmos-combined-logo-very-small_zpsqoituslo.png

I really admire the Cosmos' management for having passed on the chance to join MLS because they didn't want to lose control of their logos and other marks, and because they wanted to retain the ability to sign their own players.

I like the Cosmos a lot, and I root for them -- in all games but last night's. But now that last night's game is over, I can appreciate their come-from-behind win, and I can congratulate them for having been the better team on the night. I hope they go on to win the competition.

Until NYCFC came along, I couldn't be bothered with MLS. The MetroStars didn't move me; and the Red Bulls disgusted me. I think that this describes many of us. But just because we are now NYCFC fans, that doesn't mean that we have forgotten about MLS's flaws. The single-entity structure is a scam on both players and fans; and the bloated playoffs rob the regular season of meaning. So the Cosmos, representing a rejection of the MLS way of doing things, should be attractive to us.

Also, the team's current management have revived a great New York institution that meant so much to soccer when we were kids (or even before some of us were born), a team that is responsible for soccer's move into the mainstream of American sports. And they have kept the logo intact! We as New Yorkers have to love all of this.

So I hope that the rivalry between NYCFC fans and Cosmos fans can be purely friendly, and that we can save our vitriol for our common enemy, the Red Bulls.

nycfc-cosmos-combined-logo-very-small_zpsqoituslo.png

jesus christ, looking at that symbol is like looking at a girl with kim khardashians ass and susan boyels face

I'm a New York Football Giants fan first and foremost, and the thought of rooting for a different team sickens me.

I carry that same mentality over to the pitch. In fact, I measure my fondness for other teams by varying levels of hate.

NYC or nothing.

I'm a New York Football Giants fan first and foremost, and the thought of rooting for a different team sickens me.

I carry that same mentality over to the pitch. In fact, I measure my fondness for other teams by varying levels of hate.

NYC or nothing.

This is definitely not how I have ever looked at the teams I have rooted for.

When I was a kid, I was a Yankee fan. I hated the Red Sox and the Dodgers. That's it. No other team rose to that level. I disliked the Royals, but not with the same intensity. Not even the Mets bothered me (not until much later, when both the Yankees and Mets were good in 1985, but the media focussed only on the Mets).

There were some other teams which I liked quite a lot: the A's, the Giants, and the the Blue Jays when they started up. And there were some others which I highly respected, such as the Orioles.

And when I became a football fan, it was the same. As a Chelsea fan I hate Manchester United. And as a fan of Frank Lampard I hate West Ham. Liverpool, with their "we're special" attitude, really annoy me. But I have great admiration for some other clubs, such as Manchester City and Tottenham. And I can even respect Arsenal, despite Mad Dog Wenger's viscious attack on my beloved Mourinho.

So I firmly believe that a fan of one club can like several other clubs, and feel hate only for the main rival. As an NYCFC fan, I hate only the Red Bulls (though I think Philadelphia has reserved a spot on my shit list). We'll see how I feel about D.C.

And I have no problem also liking the Cosmos. We should treat them as our friendly neighbours, not as hated rivals.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gavin23
Fuck me. All of you people talking about symbols like it's the davinci code up in this motherfucker...tricked me into hitting show ignored content.

I'm incorrigible. I know better, and yet...damn.
I just did the same thing. Actually found it the most coherent thing that guy has written, but still better left ignored.