So who is this year's villan?

Shelton could be a good shout, but I think you need to play a lot to be a villain. If he isn't playing well, there are other options.

Tommy may just be a better RJ Allen. Complimentary piece off the bench that can fill roles. But as this roster is currently constructed, you are looking at Tommy or the loanee Camargo as your CAM.

I would bet on Callen, Brillant, or Chanot as being a villain/ the villains due to being CB's on this team. Us expecting our defense to try and not give up more than 2 goals, end up in a few games where our offense is stymied or just not producing, and we lose 3-1 due to a bad pass or decision by one of them. If our offense doesn't work as well as planned, it could get ugly.

No shout for Sean Johnson yet

As I've said in the past, the #StartEirik movement was more about Saunders out than Johansen in. That being said, if Sean Johnson plays more like Claudio Bravo in giving up goals than Joe Hart playing with his feet, I'll be shouting again for the #StartEirik movment.

Right now it's Mix - get off his high horse and accept a move to Norway. The FO joins the villain pool if we still have Mix in purgatory and wasting $750k of the salary cap.

Either buy him out (come on it's a write off in CFG money) or get him to accept a loan/transfer somewhere. Threaten to exile him for the next two years and his career will be over. No way we can have $457k of a $3.8 (?) salary cap tied up in a guy who is not on the roster. Plus the $300k of GAM going down the toilet. Get it done.

Clearly outside the scope of the question, but it gets a "like" for two reasons. First, the lawyer in me has to respect it. Second, the annual awkward moment when he stands there and everyone boos him is one of my favorite non-soccer moments of each year.

Using this logic, I reckon it will be Alexi Lalas. I was watching the FA Cup on Fox today and was reminded of what a complete and utter tit he is. I had to turn down the volume during the panel discussions.

I'm violating the rules, but I can see the Chicken Bucket folks falling out of favor. I've got no chicken in the coop here and they seem like a great group, but we've got a tough, fickle crowd.

So I am going to revise my prediction from climate pirates to Pirlo. There are a couple people that began getting on the Pirlo hate bandwagon last year. I think he is a special talent and a vital cog to our offense, but when things don't go well its very easy for people to be like "wtf too slow".

So I am going to revise my prediction from climate pirates to Pirlo. There are a couple people that began getting on the Pirlo hate bandwagon last year. I think he is a special talent and a vital cog to our offense, but when things don't go well its very easy for people to be like "wtf too slow".

Special talent that may not translate to MLS.

1. Pirlo: His free kicks have been very short of stunning. In likely his final year, he needs to show his DP level of play.
2. Johnson: While the entire outfield playing defense has been the issue, if we're letting in goals, he may get the blame and there will be calls for "Why did we let Saunders leave?" but hopefully, "Let's try this Johansen kid again."
3. Chanot: Big money CB last season, he has to produce his worth.
4. Harrison: Will there be a sophomore slump?
5. Vieira: Hopefully he figures out his favorite formation and lineup early and there isn't tinkering from game to game.

Reactions: Joe M and Kjbert
IMHO alot of it was shitty planning on CFG's part. You would think that if DP#2 was Pirlo instead of Lampard our third DP and our team would have looked very different.

Probably right.

That being said, they were SHOCKED that Pirlo was available. Transcendent player. had to close the deal.

That was not their plan. And it was the beginning of the end for Kreis and CFG.

I will be.
giphy.gif