Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
According to the poll, Brooklyn is 4th in the preferred location for the stadium but I think the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal would be the perfect location. Imagine a 3 tier stadium with a 2 tier supporters section on the north facing facade framing the view of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. The immediate area is all commercial so there shouldn't be too much push back from residents. The only negative might be parking but why would you want to drive when you can take the Etihad ferry from Manhattan. And best of all the Yankees can't f it up.

1652978514788.png

Full disclosure. I live in Brooklyn but if this happens, I'd travel to Manhattan to take the ferry to the stadium.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
The only negative might be parking but why would you want to drive when you can take the Etihad ferry from Manhattan
That's great for our massive fanbase in lower Manhattan.
I live in central western Queens 8 miles away. I'm in walking distance to the R train which actually goes to the SBMT. Despite a single line trip, it's 1H 45M getting home on a Saturday night at 9pm. Might as well be in freaking Harrison.
1H 20M to Fordham
1 Hour to Greenpoint which is less than 6 miles away.
1H 35M to Jackson Heights
I can only imagine the time for people on LI or Westchester
Yes.

That's great for our massive fanbase in lower Manhattan.
I live in central western Queens 8 miles away. I'm in walking distance to the R train which actually goes to the SBMT. Despite a single line trip, it's 1H 45M getting home on a Saturday night at 9pm. Might as well be in freaking Harrison.
1H 20M to Fordham
1 Hour to Greenpoint which is less than 6 miles away.
1H 35M to Jackson Heights
I can only imagine the time for people on LI or Westchester

Yes.

I understand no matter where you put the stadium it's going to upset some people. I'm a Yankees and NYCFC fan. Been going to Yankees games for over 30 years and NYCFC games since their first game. It takes me 90-120 minutes from Brooklyn. I believe one of the main obstacles for a stadium is the Yankees and or the Mets. They don't want a competing stadium next door to compete with for concerts/events. Now if you build a unique stadium away from those sites you eliminate that obstacle. You can't tell me that if they build a stadium at SBMT that people wouldn't want to go out of their way to get there. It would be a destination. I just want to get a stadium built within my lifetime. I'm club almost 50 BTW.

Reactions: Kjbert and ALBNYfan
According to the poll, Brooklyn is 4th in the preferred location for the stadium but I think the South Brooklyn Marine Terminal would be the perfect location. Imagine a 3 tier stadium with a 2 tier supporters section on the north facing facade framing the view of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline. The immediate area is all commercial so there shouldn't be too much push back from residents. The only negative might be parking but why would you want to drive when you can take the Etihad ferry from Manhattan. And best of all the Yankees can't f it up.

View attachment 12071

Full disclosure. I live in Brooklyn but if this happens, I'd travel to Manhattan to take the ferry to the stadium.

Unlike other Brooklyn sites, there would be public transportation (F Line). However, a bit late and the wrong neighborhood for a stadium project.

The current administration already has plans for the City land.

It wasn't a stadium, but the local community and other elected officials scuttled a rezoning that was planned in that area.

I would put better odds at a west side stadium near Hudson Yards than the SBMT - and my odds on that are low enough to step over.

I understand no matter where you put the stadium it's going to upset some people.
Every site is a compromise. EG Yankee Stadium is great for northern suburbs and somewhat acceptable to LI, with very reasonable mass transit access for much of 3 boroughs. Citi Field area is great for LI, acceptable for the north, with good to meh mass transit for various parts of all boroughs but not all of any one borough, not even Queens. Those are compromises in the sense that you can't please everyone but they work at a base level for a lot of people.
But locating in SBMT with no parking tells all suburban fans, plus about 70% of Queens to f#ck off. At some point a stadium you can build is acceptable no matter what, but this location seriously is nearly as bad as Harrison except for its political jurisdiction. It's in the City, but that's all it has.
But it sounds like it's moot anyway.

Last edited:
Anyone see the quickly deleted Tinnerholm post about the stadium discussions with our senators this week?

Heard through the grapevine...

Reactions: Kjbert
Anyone see the quickly deleted Tinnerholm post about the stadium discussions with our senators this week?

Heard through the grapevine...

no but i assume that is really what this politician tour was about, trying to get in their good side.