Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Someone walking through Willets Point should not feel a change when he walks along the apartment buildings, by the stadium and on down to other parts of the development
Could go full Disney. Apartment building facade. Looks exactly like surrounding buildings, complete with different voyeuristic (rated G for the families) type stuff in the windows, but with crowd roar emanating out.

Could go full Disney. Apartment building facade. Looks exactly like surrounding buildings, complete with different voyeuristic (rated G for the families) type stuff in the windows, but with crowd roar emanating out.
When i hear full Disney, i expect Turkey legs sold on the street.

As a native Floridian, how could I object?

When i hear full Disney, i expect Turkey legs sold on the street.
And that would be bad???

Reactions: Kjbert
Someone posted photos of the stadium model on FB. It’s in the Flushing Meadows Park Art Museum and should have a press release Monday.

I just want to know what is this? A Stadium for ants?!

7BCB5D81-D114-40A6-86B3-A7105DEAE797.jpeg09D855EC-2858-4EE4-BAEB-AC176F13E8AE.jpeg5809EFB4-EA4A-4A06-B005-2CA370ABC255.jpeg87DA5661-057D-408E-B44C-166B1C751158.jpeg

Last edited:
Wait. That's a model of our stadium? Am I crazy, or does that look like way more than 25k seats?

Also -- holy shit this is awesome. Not sure I'm crazy about the completely open concourses, it will look very unfinished/industrial, but so cool either way.
That’s what he said. It’s our future stadium. You can see the model yourself starting Monday. And yeah looks larger than 25k.

It says "NOU CA" on the outside.
The seats show clear block lettering "UB" on one side, possibly with "UE" above it.
Actual Camp Nou has the lettering
MES QUE
UN CLUB

in the seats on one side, which is FC Barcelona's motto in Catalan.*
The seats on the other side of the model have letters that might be "FCB."

I think someone's extremely confused or trolling.

* This supposedly means "more than a club" but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with pineapples.
In Catalonia, it's pineapples all the way down.

The seats show clear block lettering "UB" on one side, possibly with "UE" above it.
MES QUE
UN CLUB

* This supposedly means "more than a club" but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with pineapples.

Ferran Soriano was feeling nostalgic

MES QUE
UN CLUB

I think you’re on the money. Nice troll job by that guy.

Wait. That's a model of our stadium? Am I crazy, or does that look like way more than 25k seats?

Also -- holy shit this is awesome. Not sure I'm crazy about the completely open concourses, it will look very unfinished/industrial, but so cool either way.

EDIT: 35k per this tweet:

i remember seeing this dude on twitter, former cosmos guy that would rant like crazy. then became nycfc fan and still goes on troll/ rants. i dont think its legit, perhaps its more of prior work of Populous. not actual nycfc stadium designs.