Votes: 113 34.9%
  • Long Island

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
If the seating bowl looks like a bigger Banc of... i mean BMO stadium that would be very cool.

Banc-of-California-Stadium-e1545072823337.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert
Just listened to this podcast with Moya and it's a great listen, especially towards Moya's background and passion on this.

The only concrete stadium takeaway I had was the below two items:
  • He's looking for shovels to be in the ground for Phase 2 (stadium) in 18 months to 2 years
  • The stadium is going to be 25k and can expand, but "not much more". This was brought up in context of the World Cup and minimum seating requirements of 40-45k

Just listened to this podcast with Moya and it's a great listen, especially towards Moya's background and passion on this.

• He's looking for shovels to be in the ground for Phase 2 (stadium) in 18 months to 2 years
  • The stadium is going to be 25k and can expand, but "not much more". This was brought up in context of the World Cup and minimum seating requirements of 40-45k

Do we have any idea where we stand right now? Has the ULURP process started??

Reactions: Kjbert

damn, late next year at the earliest? :( i was hoping at least have full approvals by end of this year.

damn, late next year at the earliest? :( i was hoping at least have full approvals by end of this year.
You and every other developer in NYC. Count your blessings it’s being fast tracked.

You and every other developer in NYC. Count your blessings it’s being fast tracked.

i dont know the process and im sure i have seen the flow of the process, its just i still wonder how does it take almost two years just to approve. what exactly goes into it, that delays it for that much time.

i dont know the process and im sure i have seen the flow of the process, its just i still wonder how does it take almost two years just to approve. what exactly goes into it, that delays it for that much time.
ULURP and environmental review are two separate but related processes that can be conducted along parallel, or at least overlapping, timelines.

This overall approval process has come under increasing criticism recently-- what started in the late 60s/early 70s as well meaning and much needed oversight (think the demolition of the old Penn Station, or how polluted the rivers were back then) has ballooned into a gargantuan and self-serving bureaucratic slog. Projects--even environmentally-friendly projects like congestion pricing or wind turbines-- are delayed or killed by NIMBYs who exploit any technicality they (i.e. the lawyers they hire) can find.

Fortunately the mayor's office has developed a blueprint for streamlining the process. We'll see how that progresses.

Enjoy!