Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
The article has a graphic that states that NYCFC's stadium will not operate during the same day at Mets game. No idea about whether other events at Citi Field or the US Open will effect the 2027 schedule and beyond.

How tall is 110-120 feet relative to other stadiums?

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
The article has a graphic that states that NYCFC's stadium will not operate during the same day at Mets game. No idea about whether other events at Citi Field or the US Open will effect the 2027 schedule and beyond.

they are going to have to build down.

On the Mets games, that is what's noted. I think it maybe is possible that a noon NYCFC game could occur on the same day as a 7pm Mets game, but these specifics should be hashed out when the Draft Environmental Impact Statement is published. The biggest thing here though is no field turnover required.

There is clearly a lot that has to be worked out about that kind of stuff, but there is plenty of time. As Soup pointed out, it should be a big improvement regardless of specifics. However, one interesting question involves how NYCFC will get the rights to park there. I think the Mets control that site, so we'd have to come to some kind of agreement to get access for parking even when the Mets are not playing.

According to Google, Citi Field is 185, BMO Stadium (LAFC) is 85, the original Columbus Crew stadium is 66.

Height should not limit capacity as it's always possible to build down from ground level.

There is clearly a lot that has to be worked out about that kind of stuff, but there is plenty of time. As Soup pointed out, it should be a big improvement regardless of specifics. However, one interesting question involves how NYCFC will get the rights to park there. I think the Mets control that site, so we'd have to come to some kind of agreement to get access for parking even when the Mets are not playing.

According to Google, Citi Field is 185, BMO Stadium (LAFC) is 85, the original Columbus Crew stadium is 66.

Height should not limit capacity as it's always possible to build down from ground level.
Just remember you’re pretty much at sea level there. So the more you dig down, the more complications. Where’s that underwater stadium rendering we once posted years ago….

The article has a graphic that states that NYCFC's stadium will not operate during the same day at Mets game.
This really shouldn't a problem whatsoever as (to my knowledge) it's policy for sports complexes all over the country, so I'm sure NYCFC and the Mets will sync up to get everyone on the same page scheduling wise.

The only snag I can see is when MLS finagles its schedule during a World Cup year (like 2022) and our playoffs coincide with the MLB playoffs/World Series. Things might get dicey if you have a situation when starting times can't be changed due to network coverage.
I think it maybe is possible that a noon NYCFC game could occur on the same day as a 7pm Mets game,
Staggering starting times is exactly what would happen in those situations. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when the real Cosmos started their night games at 8:45 PM to avoid traffic problems with the Meadowlands racetrack.

Everything would be easier if the Yankees just sold their “stake” to Stevie Cohen.