Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Agreed. Pigeons was a safe nickname that gained traction naturally. The Coop follows that and makes too much sense.

Beyond my personal dislike of Valley of Ashes, it is too long for a nickname. The majority of nicknames for stadiums, including the best ones, are shorthand or use a one shot of a sponsor name - the Big House, Death Valley, the Swamp, Old Trafford, the Etihad, the Emirates. For the new stadium it will either be a one word reference to a sponsor or something easy to say. I'd push for the Coop early before it becomes the Etihad (west).

Even though I've been a supporter of Valley of Ashes, you're selling me on The Coop. It does make a lot of sense.

Reactions: FootyLovin
this has always been my stadium nickname of choice.

always thought the supporters section should be called the battery.

in any case, what are we.. a month out from shovels in the ground?

The 120 days are up, so groundbreaking can basically be whenever they want it at this point. Sounds like sometime in September is what they're planning for.

Would they dare do it at the Inter Miami game? Show it on the big screen at halftime in front of what might be the largest crowd in Club history?

So when they announce the groundbreaking is anyone going to attempt to go? I have no interest but i'm assuming some people out there will try to go lol

Yeah, the nickname seemed to have already been settled. But I cannot see the front office / CFG use "the valley of ashes" in any publications about the stadium. I don't think they want the stadium / sponsors / etc. associated with "ashes" even with The Great Gatsby ideology.

On a personal note, that graph is not properly formatted.
View attachment 13476

Late to this but I would hardly call a poll on HRB with "hundreds of responses" as settling on the nickname. It sounds cool and is neat as a Gatsby reference but "The Valley of Ashes" takes far too much explaining for the casual fan. Unless the team and the media heavily push "The Valley of Ashes" there is no way it will beat out a no-explanation-needed name like The Coop if things are left to develop organically.

The 120 days are up, so groundbreaking can basically be whenever they want it at this point. Sounds like sometime in September is what they're planning for.

Would they dare do it at the Inter Miami game? Show it on the big screen at halftime in front of what might be the largest crowd in Club history?
A month from now at the earliest

Unless the team and the media heavily push "The Valley of Ashes" there is no way it will beat out a no-explanation-needed name like The Coop if things are left to develop organically.
This is exactly why I think they'll try and infuse The Cube into the discourse through social media. Easy to say, easy to write, easy to understand and easy to remember, and it ties into their on-site marketing ( mgarbowski mgarbowski may have a point about the technology getting dated, but I'm just trying to analyze the strategy as it stands now).

If I'm not mistaken, the organization floated The Cube as a trial balloon when they made the announcement, yes?

Reactions: gbservis and Sabo
Late to this but I would hardly call a poll on HRB with "hundreds of responses" as settling on the nickname. It sounds cool and is neat as a Gatsby reference but "The Valley of Ashes" takes far too much explaining for the casual fan. Unless the team and the media heavily push "The Valley of Ashes" there is no way it will beat out a no-explanation-needed name like The Coop if things are left to develop organically.
I was thinking the same thing.

This is exactly why I think they'll try and infuse The Cube into the discourse through social media. Easy to say, easy to write, easy to understand and easy to remember, and it ties into their on-site marketing ( mgarbowski mgarbowski may have a point about the technology getting dated, but I'm just trying to analyze the strategy as it stands now).

If I'm not mistaken, the organization floated The Cube as a trial balloon when they made the announcement, yes?

I suspect you are right even if I wish they would let a nickname develop organically via the fans. "The Cube" seems overly corporate to me. I could see a scenario where they try to force the cube and the majority of the fans ignore them and go with something more interesting and tied to the team/city.

Valley of Ashes is perfect. Sounds intimidating to visitors, has a literary connection to the city, literally refers to the ground on which the stadium sits. So what if it's 5 syllables long.

Confirmed. Going to be called "The VAsh" hahaha

We'll hopefully get Valley of Ashes as a House that Ruth Built type nickname but it'll never be the official name