Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Forest Hills Stadium has a capacity of 13,000 and hosts concerts every summer.

A 25k capacity soccer stadium would go down to what - 17k-22k? for concerts if block off behind the stage. Some of the acts at FHS might be able to step up, and others might appreciate the option between FHS and MSG.
I have no preference whether it hosts concerts or not. I just would not rule it out.

Last edited:
There is also Arthur Ashe Stadium nearby that seats 20K+ and has a retractable roof. I know it hosts events outside of the US Open - the Fortnight World Cup is one example from a few years ago. I haven't heard of them doing concerts, which I find a little surprising. Might just be the shitty acoustics in there.

Our venue should be really good for something like that - weather permitting. Even if they closed seats behind the stage (which they don't always do for concerts these days), there would presumably be places for the audience down on the pitch.

Forest Hills Stadium has a capacity of 13,000 and hosts concerts every summer.

A 25k capacity soccer stadium would go down to what - 17k-22k? for concerts if block off behind the stage. Some of the acts at FHS might be able to step up, and others might appreciate the option between FHS.
I have no preference whether it hosts concerts or not. I just would not rule it out.
I was coming here to say exactly this. I've seen concerts at Forest Hills and it's not a ideal for them as it was designed for tennis. Our stadium might be a great alternative to the Garden for a medium to large concert.

What is this??? A stadium for ants???

2024-share-mockups-future-stadium-89404823.jpg
2024-share-mockups-future-stadium-89405621.jpg

How do they expect us to support the team if we can't even get into the building???

In all seriousness, a good article. I found this quote interesting.

“In order to fulfill our potential as a club in the long term, we need to capture casual fans and significantly grow our overall fan base from where it is today,” Sims said. “And I think a great way to do that is to get a marquee player."​

In all seriousness, a good article. I found this quote interesting.

“In order to fulfill our potential as a club in the long term, we need to capture casual fans and significantly grow our overall fan base from where it is today,” Sims said. “And I think a great way to do that is to get a marquee player."​
De Bruyne confirmed.

What is this??? A stadium for ants???

2024-share-mockups-future-stadium-89404823.jpg
2024-share-mockups-future-stadium-89405621.jpg

How do they expect us to support the team if we can't even get into the building???
Serious question here from someone who knows: Why was the decision made to have the two corners just be screens w/o seats like that? Why not like Cincinnati/RBA full bowl with a smaller screen on the front/side?

I bumped on this quote, too. Obviously their actions need to match their words, but he's saying all the right things.

“In my opinion, and it’s a biased opinion, New York City FC should be the undisputed flagship franchise of Major League Soccer,” Sims told The Post. “The one thing that has really held us back is not having a stadium to call our own. And once we have what we believe is going to be a cathedral of soccer for New York City and the country, there’s no more excuses. There’s nothing holding us back.

Not enough space on the plot of land.
That makes sense on one side where the street cuts off, but what about the other side? Is it just an aesthetics thing to make it equal on both sides? Or... is that tiny 36th ave nub not part of the plot or such a problem that they are just going around it?

1726072590398.png

That makes sense on one side where the street cuts off, but what about the other side? Is it just an aesthetics thing to make it equal on both sides? Or... is that tiny 36th ave nub not part of the plot or such a problem that they are just going around it?

View attachment 13505
my guess is that they'd have support beams on that walkway/street below if the stands went vertically out that way, so it probably wouldn't work

Reactions: Shwafta

View attachment 13505

You have to put the jumbotrons somewhere and they probably have data that corner seats don't sell as well as sideline and end line seats.

Reactions: Gotham Gator
my guess is that they'd have support beams on that walkway/street below if the stands went vertically out that way, so it probably wouldn't work
I just didn't think that little street would still have to be there. I know the answer is probably "because bureaucracy" but why does that little nubby 36th ave need to exist? Just remove that and the back corner area becomes usable.

I just didn't think that little street would still have to be there. I know the answer is probably "because bureaucracy" but why does that little nubby 36th ave need to exist? Just remove that and the back corner area becomes usable.
Looking at The Outfields article from Oct 2023, looks like it'll be for controlled access.1726075483447.png

There are a few properties there that the City does not yet own and thus they have to work around them

I'm just afraid at this, because they're going to price it like it is. Because even in 2027 and even with a marquee superstar, it isn't. It's still just MLS.

"We think we’re going to have the hottest ticket in town.”

it's sad how expensive tickets are in the US compared to some leagues in europe. EPL is pretty expensive for tickets, i think? but it is what it is. i will just stay home and watch online.

Reactions: Gene
I'm just afraid at this, because they're going to price it like it is. Because even in 2027 and even with a marquee superstar, it isn't. It's still just MLS.

"We think we’re going to have the hottest ticket in town.”
I’m kind of hoping that with getting in as a season ticket holder now or before it will make it more difficult for them to jump the price up an exorbitant amount for current fans compared to new fans buying in. But I’m gonna bet based on past experience with this club it will be the reverse

it's sad how expensive tickets are in the US compared to some leagues in europe. EPL is pretty expensive for tickets, i think? but it is what it is. i will just stay home and watch online.

It's insane what our country's sports fans allow teams to charge. EPL is nowhere near as expensive as you would expect here.

I also share the fear about ticket prices. Hopefully NYCFC doesn't go too crazy with it, because if we start charging MLB prices for MLS, I will be attending far fewer games. Hopefully they put that charge on the premium sections and leave non-premium areas at affordable prices.