Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
but building a stadium for an oil tycoon is?
No. However helping to facilitate a major job-creating construction project like a stadium, while partially fixing a major problem like the parking garage situation, should be given a fairly large amount of attention by city officials. Obviously, it ranks behind a whole host of other issues in the City but imo is still important enough to be given the amount of support to move forward as fast as possible. I'm not saying the city/state needs to pay for it, but they should be supportive of the project enough to reduce the years of politically motivated delays that we should expect to see.
World-Class stadiums are great for a City, especially if they don't come as a massive burden to the taxpayers and a high opportunity cost for the property. The Bronx location likely has no serious suitors right now and is a largely unused and highly indebted parking structure. The only real issue is GAL, and I have a feeling the club/GAL could find a suitable, and currently vacant location within the Bronx to relocate to. Win-Win for everyone!

Reactions: Kjbert
but building a stadium for an oil sheikh is?

Two ways to look at this. If it's a handout, it should be the least of his worries.

But using the example that CFG have set in Manchester, a stadium deal could bring jobs, affordable housing and tax revenue. Sounds like a joint venture you announce right around election time...

Remember how long the Yankees were talking about getting a new Stadium? Remember the Mets showed a rendering in 1998?!. Remember the rumors of both those teams moving? Heck, Giuliani announced an "agreement" for both in 2001! The new places did not open until 2009.
Unfortunately, Vaporizer Vaporizer LionNYC LionNYC I think this is much more realistic. I'd say settle in. Find a beer and food vendor you really like. Cause you're probably going to be giving them your cash for the better part of the next decade.

Unfortunately, Vaporizer Vaporizer LionNYC LionNYC I think this is much more realistic. I'd say settle in. Find a beer and food vendor you really like. Cause you're probably going to be giving them your cash for the better part of the next decade.
That's fine with me , the stadium is 4 express stops or a $15 cab ride :D

I'm fine with Yankee Stadium. It's better than having to go 90 minutes to New Jersey for a match or going to Long Island to a college football field.

But since we're going to be in there for a while, it begs the question of who's going to win a title first: NYCFC or the Yankees? Or who is going to win more titles in our stay at Yankee Stadium?

I don't think I have seen this mentioned but what happens when/if Yankees make the playoffs and we have a game at YS? I am not sure how far out MLB projects playoff dates.....

The MLB playoffs start on Oct. 6th and the World Series starting on Oct. 27th. We have only one game at home in October, on the 25th. There usually is a three day break between the League Championship Series and the World Series, so I think we will be fine. If the Yankees make it to the World Series (possible, but not likely), then my guess would be the MLS will schedule around baseball's championship games.

The MLB playoffs start on Oct. 6th and the World Series starting on Oct. 27th. We have only one game at home in October, on the 25th. There usually is a three day break between the League Championship Series and the World Series, so I think we will be fine. If the Yankees make it to the World Series (possible, but not likely), then my guess would be the MLS will schedule around baseball's championship games.

I'm as much of a Yankee fan as I am an NYCFC fan, probably more, but NYCFC has a better shot at going deep into the playoffs more than the Yankees. MLS will be secondary to MLB in scheduling any postseason matches, but it's not going to be an issue in this calendar year.

Reactions: Gene
I agree. I'm loving the Yankees season so far, as they are a surprisingly decent-to-good team this year. I expected much worse from them. They might be a wildcard team, but they do not have the depth to make a serious run in the playoffs, much less winning the world series. This all means NYCFC will have better field conditions when they make it in the playoffs! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: PB3 and Gene
I'm as much of a Yankee fan as I am an NYCFC fan, probably more, but NYCFC has a better shot at going deep into the playoffs more than the Yankees. MLS will be secondary to MLB in scheduling any postseason matches, but it's not going to be an issue in this calendar year.

Are you more a Yankee fan than a NYCFC fan ?:(

The nice thing is that Yankee stadium is built for a big crowd. So the building is nice for the NYCFC fans. Lines aren't that long for food or the bathroom. I went to RBA a few weeks ago to see the USWNT send off game. Place was packed. What a nightmare.

But I will definitely look to upgrade my tickets. Sight lines are tough, I'm 19th row area behind the net. Corners hard to see. Other then that and seeing empty seats, it's fine.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Yankee Stadium is great but at the same time it's awkward in terms of viewing and playing. I was there a couple of years ago to watch PSG vs Chelsea and wasn't that big of a fan. I was really hoping that NYCFC would move to Queens as it would be in the middle of NYC and Long Island but I doubt that's going to happen due to zoning laws and people who don't want their tennis to be disturbed by avid futbol crowds :rolleyes:

The nice thing is that Yankee stadium is built for a big crowd. So the building is nice for the NYCFC fans. Lines aren't that long for food or the bathroom. I went to RBA a few weeks ago to see the USWNT send off game. Place was packed. What a nightmare.

But I will definitely look to upgrade my tickets. Sight lines are tough, I'm 19th row area behind the net. Corners hard to see. Other then that and seeing empty seats, it's fine.
How awkward is it watching a game at Yankee Stadium? The TV cameras are put in strange places and most of the crowd isn't even shown.

I'm considering heading up to New York for a game and I want to know what it's like watching a game at YS.

Yankee Stadium is great but at the same time it's awkward in terms of viewing and playing. I was there a couple of years ago to watch PSG vs Chelsea and wasn't that big of a fan. I was really hoping that NYCFC would move to Queens as it would be in the middle of NYC and Long Island but I doubt that's going to happen due to zoning laws and people who don't want their tennis to be disturbed by avid futbol crowds :rolleyes:

Queens is terrible for public transportation. The 7 train is terrible and weekend games take forever because the express train doesn't run. That's why the Mets are terrible to go to on Saturday or Sunday.

How awkward is it watching a game at Yankee Stadium? The TV cameras are put in strange places and most of the crowd isn't even shown.

I'm considering heading up to New York for a game and I want to know what it's like watching a game at YS.

just curious i know it says mexican american border, but where you from then? How you became an nycfc fan?

just curious i know it says mexican american border, but where you from then? How you became an nycfc fan?
I switch between Chihuahua, Mexico and Western Texas/New Mexico. I have houses in both.

I became a fan because I frequently travel and NYC was one of my favorite places. This forum also helped to grow my fandom for this team.

Reactions: PB3 and Fantazma

Sit midfield and you will be fine. 125-128 or above it in the 200s