Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Chicago, Boston, San Francisco and Philadelphia.

Parking is also a massive money maker (for everyone except the owners of the Yankee Stadium garages who took out too much debt right before Yankee attendance fell dramatically), so it's an important economic part of any stadium plan.

None of those cities even come close to comparing, I agree an outdoor stadium with little to no parking would be unprecedented but thats not a reason to believe its not sustainable when you factor in how different a transportation market NYC is compared to anywhere else in the country:

upload_2015-6-13_13-18-52.png

Who drives their own car in New York City? I've been there 3 times and the traffic is so bad that I wouldn't even want to drive much less have a car. Oh, and who wants to pay for those ridiculously priced parking spots?!
Mass transit in NYC is not designed to get people to/from 2 boroughs where neither borough is Manhattan. Occasionally it works well but that is by accident, not design, and definitely a minority of cases. Add in weekend service changes plus night/weekend track work and the mass transit option can get ridiculous. I travel 40 minutes by subway/bus from my home in Queens to my midtown Manhattan office. At best, it takes slightly more than 1 hour to get to Yankee Stadium on the MTA, on a weekday with no glitches. At the moment, on a Saturday afternoon, Google estimates 1 hr 15 minutes. The only time I rode the subway to an NYCFC game it took 90 minutes to get home because of track work.
When I drive it takes 25 minutes. I figure I save 90 minutes average each round-trip by driving. That's worth a parking fee. I'm not arguing that my preference must be catered to; but choosing to drive on weekends between boroughs in NYC is an extremely rational choice.

Since I've never considered myself authentic, organic or grassroots, staying in Yankee Stadium wouldn't bother me in the least.......and that whopping $5.50 off the Metro Card for the round trip is something I can deal with. :D
One of the managers at NYY Steak that i know very well, told me tonight that NYCFC will be at the stadium for 4 years .

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Bill de Never Going to Give NYCFC a Stadium is currently spewing his national progressive ideas on income inequality on The Daily Show right now. How about he talks about giving us a stadium. Can't wait to vote him out in 2017.

EDIT: Also brought up wanting more affordable housing. Bill de Blasio is the Stadium Nazi. No stadium for you.

The guy is from Italy and spent taxpayer money on a trip there with his family. Wonder if we get Pirlo if that would change his mind.

He is a schmuck and not from Italy. He is from Boston. His real name is Warren Wilhelm, Jr. He claims to speak Italian fluently. I saw a video of him attempting too while reading off a page. Clearly he doesnt speak at any conversational level. Ill be with you to vote him out.

Last edited:
One of the managers at NYY Steak that i know very well, told me tonight that NYCFC will be at the stadium for 4 years .

That might very well be an agreement between Yankees and NYCFC.. As I see it we need a 2-3 years to get the project finished and everything okayed on the political front so I expect to hear something within a year if true.

That might very well be an agreement between Yankees and NYCFC.. As I see it we need a 2-3 years to get the project finished and everything okayed on the political front so I expect to hear something within a year if true.
I wouldn't mind a 4 year wait at all, and that is reasonable timing. I'm afraid it may take longer with the stupid political landscape that nyc is in. As far as I am concerned most of the politicians are crooks representing the 5 boroughs. You don't have to look no further then the verrazano bridge as exhibit a.

I wouldn't mind a 4 year wait at all, and that is reasonable timing. I'm afraid it may take longer with the stupid political landscape that nyc is in. As far as I am concerned most of the politicians are crooks representing the 5 boroughs. You don't have to look no further then the verrazano bridge as exhibit a.

Ah yes, what we got is money and a fair amount of political clout though so I´m optimistic

Reactions: Kjbert and S1ARK5
One thing deblasio is sure about is making sure we end horse carriage rides thru central park. He really likes to go after the real issues.

that being said those carriage rides are shit - teribble for the horses - maybe we can set something like this up on the grass of central park ...

Yes that's Arnold in his first movie!