Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The counter to this is when I click on New Posts, I choose to read the Stadium News thread but I would rather ignore the Let's Argue About PeeWee Football vs Soccer Participation Rates thread.

I would also hope this could be handled without Mod action. Guys, please take this elsewhere.
Now you've got me worried about how much #content I miss due to the threads I skip.

I think putting a stadium on an island is a bad idea. I mean Icahn (sp?) Is already on Randall's island, & that works cuz it's not drawing 25k humans per match (as far as I know). If you've ever gone to a concert on Randall's island, you know what a traffic nightmare it is.

Another point I'd like to make about the potential in putting a stadium in flushing - the team could sponsor an environmental clean up type thing and maybe get that stink eliminated.

I think putting a stadium on an island is a bad idea. I mean Icahn (sp?) Is already on Randall's island, & that works cuz it's not drawing 25k humans per match (as far as I know). If you've ever gone to a concert on Randall's island, you know what a traffic nightmare it is.

Another point I'd like to make about the potential in putting a stadium in flushing - the team could sponsor an environmental clean up type thing and maybe get that stink eliminated.
RI has no public transport. The flushing site could work if they get more train lines going in

You're planning to build your own stadium. Where does that stand?
It will need to be in one of the five boroughs, it needs to be centrally located, and it needs to have great public transportation. We're looking at lots and lots of sites. But we're not in a hurry. Yankee Stadium really is a great first home. The experience there is excellent. It's easy to get to. It's a venue with real gravitas. It's iconic around the world.

What's the timetable?
We're hopeful of being open in the first five years.

http://www.adweek.com/news/advertis...l-club-building-its-brand-one-fan-time-165734

Roosevelt Island would be gorgeous but completely impractical from a transit perspective. F train goes through and the tram but that's it. And parking would be a complete non-starter. Only accessible via Vernon in Queens. Would be a nightmare.

RI has no public transport. The flushing site could work if they get more train lines going in
I think we've had this convo already. They run express "straight to grand central" trains after Mets & the tennis, in addition to the regular local 7. I've also recently learned there's a special game day only LIRR stop at Mets Willets Point.
YS has the advantage here, cuz they've got the 4, the B/D, & the Metronorth.

LIC has the most subway lines but there's no space for a stadium + parking unless you wanna knock down some luxury condos & hotels.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Ok im going to throw something wild out here - what about the Kingsbridge Armory? The ice center plan is very short of funding and the lease has been moved to escrow.

http://www.norwoodnews.org/id=17766&story=knic-lease-in-escrow-pending-full-funding-of-project/

Obviously we want an open air stadium though and not a dome but the land is more then enough, and if you kept the exterior of the building it would look badass.
I live nearby and have been following the money issues with that project. They could keep the facade and built open air stadium, ony 1 elevated subway line next to it but I think the D insn't far away? ZERO parking

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I live nearby and have been following the money issues with that project. They could keep the facade and built open air stadium, ony 1 elevated subway line next to it but I think the D insn't far away? ZERO parking

You have the 4 right outside and the B/D 2 blocks away on grand concourse - same subway lines as Yankee stadium just a few stops further.

The 1 and metro north are just under a mile away at the Marble Hill station.

arguable. They're both next to MAJOR train stops. For a location that is not sitting on top of Penn Station, parking is a slightly bigger deal. Case in point being YS.

There seems to be some parking at Lehman College which shouldn't be as busy on the weekends when most games are played.

There is also the giant parking lot for the VA hospital but im not optimistic of working something out for access to those spots - unless we were willing to say, build a multistory parking structure on top of one of their lots.

Reactions: Goodfella
Found this just in case anyone else was interested... id love to get a look inside this place!

http://www.scoutingny.com/a-peek-inside-the-worlds-largest-armory/

Indoor kart racing:

18440117240_761d989686_o.jpg

Ok im going to throw something wild out here - what about the Kingsbridge Armory? The ice center plan is very short of funding and the lease has been moved to escrow.

http://www.norwoodnews.org/id=17766&story=knic-lease-in-escrow-pending-full-funding-of-project/

Obviously we want an open air stadium though and not a dome but the land is more then enough, and if you kept the exterior of the building it would look badass.

Red Bull Arena is about 500ft x 600 ft. That's literally just the arena footprint, not including any concourse space outside the physical structure. So that's the dead minimum amount of space you'd need -- the armory area is well short of the 500 ft. If you right click on google maps you can measure distance quite easily.

Reactions: Kjbert
Red Bull Arena is about 500ft x 600 ft. That's literally just the arena footprint, not including any concourse space outside the physical structure. So that's the dead minimum amount of space you'd need -- the armory area is well short of the 500 ft. If you right click on google maps you can measure distance quite easily.

Kingsbridge is ~600 x ~300.

PPL park is ~550 x ~350.

Reactions: FootyLovin