Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think "shat" is the proper verb tense here.

He shit on them.
He shat on them yesterday.
He had shitted on them prior to that post.

Paging T Tom in Fairfield CT to admonish my non-topical post in the stadium news thread.
You have me confused with someone else, I like when the stadium thread derails, since all the on-topic stadium stuff has been so insane.

You can't drive at Baker Field and there's nowhere to park. Access is only via Broadway but Marble Hill is crowded and Broadway Bridge is tiny. Inwood is a very active residential area so there's no street parking. The only option would be to build a car park over the railway sidings to the southwest and bus people from there (or make them walk half a mile). Access would be via the Major Deegan and University Heights Bridge.
If NYC did share with Columbia then there would have to be a running track.

I've run and been to events at Randall's Island and the only reasonable way to get there is to walk over the bridge. The busses are always full. If you grab a cab or drive from Manhattan you have to pay an $8 toll to get to the Island. There is lots of car parking nearby though.

If we use Baker Field, parking will be a big issue. One option is to find space directly across the river and have people make the short walk across the bridge. The advantage is that the spot would be close to the highway and would avoid adding traffic to Inwood streets.

Reactions: franchise646
I've been to Baker Field for a Columbia vs. Fordham game in the past and the area couldn't handle the crowd of 7,500. There would be way too many logistical issues...traffic, parking, public transportation, etc.

I've been to Baker Field for a Columbia vs. Fordham game in the past and the area couldn't handle the crowd of 7,500. There would be way too many logistical issues...traffic, parking, public transportation, etc.
I live close to the area it can if the public transportation is upgrade and honestly the businesses in the area could really use it.

Columbia University is the #2 private land owner in New York City -- any guesses on the #1 owner?

I would love to see average and total attendance for the 5 major sports leagues in the USA. Wonder how many mlb teams we outdraw.

Reactions: Gilley
I would love to see average and total attendance for the 5 major sports leagues in the USA. Wonder how many mlb teams we outdraw.
That would be interesting but it's definitely hard to compare sports. Baseball has 81 home games compared to our 17, for example. Football's sort of comparable except that the stadiums are easily two or three times the size of a soccer stadium. Maybe basketball or hockey might be more similar size-wise but they play more games.

Anyway, total attendance 2014 Yankees was 3,401,624, tops in the AL. Mets were 2,148,808. We might get to 400,000, or maybe a little higher.

Source: http://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...e-in-2014-nearly-74-million-through-the-gate/

and also a comparison among the different sports:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major...28regular_season.29_vs._other_US_major_sports

Reactions: Kjbert
fuck sharing a stadium with a football team though, I want it to be built SOCCER SPECIFIC..ie extremely close to the pitch with nice sight lines, I don't want to be sitting up super high in the front row like you do in most football stadiums

Nobody goes to Columbia football games anyhow. They haven't won since November 10, 2012. They didn't win a game the past two season and have gone 0-20. It would be built with soccer primarily in mind. Look at what Tottenham just agreed to with the NFL, 10 years of NFL games in their new stadium, two per year. Turf on the bottom and grass on top and the surfaces would be retractable. If it can work in the Premier League with the NFL, it can work with the MLS and an Ivy League school. And Tottenham isn't designing their stadium with the NFL primarily in mind.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam