Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I hear Aguero keeps telling Messi how nice playing for MCFC is, if they do manage to get messi, fast forward 8 years and he could be playing for nycfc.

...in Yankee Stadium :eek:

Reactions: JayH
Lots of stadium news coming out today.
Yankees increased their credit to >$300. $125m over previous credit.
If Yankees own 20% of NYCFC and use $1m of that since their roster cap went to 200m that means we're looking at a >$500m stadium lol

Reactions: Kjbert and Jack
I want to get excited, but since I know better, I think my brain is refusing me to become so.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
maybe because im at work im very meh well see about this kinda mood

Looks like the money might be for parking garages which if paid off would then be owned by Yankees.

This would make a lot of sense. My suspicion all along was that it was a government deal that fell thru on the GAL site, but nothing so major as to completely strike the deal. We just went from a negotiated position back to the city playing hardball with the mayoral change.

Wikipedia cites a Businessweek article that leads to a Bloomberg article, which cites a different Businessweek article that leads to the Bloomberg homepage, plus an unlinked attribution to the AP.
Just like the smoke & mirror back-doors in the Matrix.....

I would kill for them to build the stadium on Pier 40, but I read that it would take 200$ mil in construction just to get the pier in good enough shape to support a stadium.

A man can dream ...

Reactions: Kjbert
This would make a lot of sense. My suspicion all along was that it was a government deal that fell thru on the GAL site, but nothing so major as to completely strike the deal. We just went from a negotiated position back to the city playing hardball with the mayoral change.
Except that the Mayor is only good enough for Little League.

Reactions: Kjbert and Konrad
I would kill for them to build the stadium on Pier 40, but I read that it would take 200$ mil in construction just to get the pier in good enough shape to support a stadium.

A man can dream ...

While it would be gorgeous, the community is opposed to the idea so even with crazy money it would be very difficult.

While it would be gorgeous, the community is opposed to the idea so even with crazy money it would be very difficult.
That same community loves a certain Film Festival that made their neighborhood trendy and pricey...... and look who is now running our show...... coincidence?

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
That same community loves a certain Film Festival that made their neighborhood trendy and pricey...... and look who is now running our show...... coincidence?
It's definitely a big point to make and as soon as I looked at the map again I gasped.

Maybe, but it would be CRAZY money. The issue I see would be parking.

It's definitely a big point to make and as soon as I looked at the map again I gasped.

Maybe, but it would be CRAZY money. The issue I see would be parking.
I wonder if the team already has an idea on how much parking would be needed based on this past season? I'm guessing that an obscene number of people went to games via mass transit and not by driving.

Which would then hopefully open them up for a stadium plan.

That's just not at all accurate. If you put Red Bull Arena in that spot it'd cover the train station on the left, which would have to be moved underground, under the stadium. Also, compare the size of the stadium in the photo to the baseball field above it. Home to first is 30 yards, so that shows the field would be maybe 50 yards across. The scale's all off.