Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's the great story of Pele's first Cosmos game at Downing (Icann's predecessor) where the team painted the field green since the grass was so poor. Pele threatened to quit while complaining afterwards that he contracted a some foot disease until he was told it was just paint.

‘I cannot play for this team any more,’ Pele, the $7m man, is shouting in the changing room after his debut. ‘All I have is my feet and I have this green fungus growing all over them.’

‘Wait!’ responds De la Sierra. ‘That is no fungus. It’s green paint. We had to paint the dirt on the pitch for the TV cameras!’​
Just saw this. I was there that night, working for the team and we had to get out of our car and walk over the bridge from Astoria. The paint was genius!

Usually I like to think the old adage, "no news, is good news" holds true for many of life's situations.
Why am I having trouble applying it to our stadium situation?

*cries a bit

Don't ever forget this:
The Bloomberg deal came with some tax incentives that de Blasio (who supported the city-subsidized Barclays Arena for the Nets, developed by his financial backer Bruce Ratner in his home borough of Brooklyn) didn’t like.

IOW, de Blockhead isn't some sort of White Knight riding to the rescue of the down and out as he claims to be. He's a politician and when the right deal is struck the stadium will be built.

As I've mentioned before, look into the Barclays Center, Central Park Horse Carriages and now his recent vacation to Italy as proof he's as full of shit as the next guy.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
I really hope they dont go south of the Bronx. No way I am going to Brooklyn very often.

You really lose CT and upstate NY if you go into Staten or Brooklyn.

Hmmm for me Brooklyn or the Bronx doesn't matter. Of course I'm taking a train subway combo either way I really don't drive into the City.

I really hope they dont go south of the Bronx. No way I am going to Brooklyn very often.

I really liked the idea of a stadium next to Yankee Stadium. One of the reasons I bought season tickets is because Yankee Stadium is a few stops away on my subway line. I saw a proposal once for a stadium to be built on a pier on the west side of Manhattan.... That would be pretty awesome.

If they built something Brooklyn or Staten Island, it would be impossible for anyone from the NJ, NY or CT Suburbs to attend. Manhattan and the Bronx are the easiest. Queens would be OK for CT and NY but there is no public transportation option that's convenient.

At what point do you think the team decides to give up on a stadium within the 5 boroughs? I really hope that never happens, but you've gotta think that Westchester or Nassau County will become options at some point.

Having it in staten island would be horrible. Only way in and out is the ferry. Id prefer brooklyn, bronx and mangattan

Reactions: Kjbert
At what point do you think the team decides to give up on a stadium within the 5 boroughs? I really hope that never happens, but you've gotta think that Westchester or Nassau County will become options at some point.
Does it ever get that bad?

Yeah I think they'll want to build the stadium within the 5 boros no matter how long it takes.

K Kjbert The queens plan was actually pretty easily access for everyone. The subway goes strait from Grand central to the stadium. Grand central is where the metro north trains come in. Cant ask for much better public transit than that.

addition - Staten island access will probably improve as the New York Wheel gets built over there.

K Kjbert The queens plan was actually pretty easily access for everyone. The subway goes strait from Grand central to the stadium. Grand central is where the metro north trains come in. Cant ask for much better public transit than that.

addition - Staten island access will probably improve as the New York Wheel gets built over there.
Just for clarity. I "liked" your Queens bit. Not the comment about Staten Island. Staten Island is good for two things:
  1. Wu-Tang Clan
  2. free-roaming turkeys that occassionally find themselves wandering down up and down the street.
I'm kididng of course but for the majority of the city, Staten Island would be a huge deal breaker.

Reactions: CP_Scouse