Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think its safe to say that if the stadium is built in SI, then the attendance would drop lower than things that drop fast

Reactions: Kjbert
I hope they end up in the north Bronx. Easier to get to from the burbs and still just as convenient from the city.

No way it gets done in Manhattan.

This news doesn't sound good. That deal near Yankee stadium seemed the most likely to happen, now it seems dead. They need to look back in Queens. There has to be something there.

Reactions: einwindir
You've never been to Queens, then. Sure, if you're talking about further out in Douglaston and Bayside, but most of Queens is covered in mass transit.

Queens is the only logical solution, in my opinion. There is space, it has mass transit, all major highways run through it, you can access it by 4 bridges and a tunnel. Geographically, it's the center of the NY metro area, easily accessible by Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Westchester and Long Island.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 10.25.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 10.25.54 PM.png
    766.2 KB · Views: 35
You've never been to Queens, then. Sure, if you're talking about further out in Douglaston and Bayside, but most of Queens is covered in mass transit.

Queens is the only logical solution, in my opinion. There is space, it has mass transit, all major highways run through it, you can access it by 4 bridges and a tunnel. Geographically, it's the center of the NY metro area, easily accessible by Manhattan, Brooklyn, Bronx, Westchester and Long Island.

Queens is NOT covered by mass transit....Tell me the easiest way to get from Brooklyn to Queens? you'll have to go to Manhattan just to get back to Queens... And all the Queens lines run together, theyre not spread out like Brooklyn or the Bronx.Look at all the space between any Queens train to the L train. and North of the train lines too. Astoria, Flushing and Central queens are covered by trains.. But no one wants to go to Flushing to get to a Stadium, the 7 train is probably one of the least taken in NYC.

Reactions: CP_Scouse
Queens is NOT covered by mass transit....Tell me the easiest way to get from Brooklyn to Queens? you'll have to go to Manhattan just to get back to Queens... And all the Queens lines run together, theyre not spread out like Brooklyn or the Bronx.Look at all the space between any Queens train to the L train. and North of the train lines too. Astoria, Flushing and Central queens are covered by trains.. But no one wants to go to Flushing to get to a Stadium, the 7 train is probably one of the least taken in NYC.
Actually main st flushing is the most taken single stop subway station. But yea, queens sucks. And im from queens

Reactions: Kevin

Huh? Dude, I grew up in Queens, and I took the train into Manhattan most of my life. The 7 train is one of the busiest lines in the system, and the Flushing stop alone see over 19 million riders a year. It's also one of most efficient lines in the system. People take the train all the time out to Citi Field, it's not a problem at all. The 7 line also stops at Grand Central and Time Square, two major hubs which branch out everywhere, even to Westchester, NJ and LI.

Yes, if a stadium were to get built out past Flushing, it would suck big time, but most of Queens west of Flushing is easily accessible by subway. If they can find a spot in this area, then it's a great choice.

Huh? Dude, I grew up in Queens, and I took the train into Manhattan most of my life. The 7 train is one of the busiest lines in the system, and the Flushing stop alone see over 19 million riders a year. It's also one of most efficient lines in the system. People take the train all the time out to Citi Field, it's not a problem at all. The 7 line also stops at Grand Central and Time Square, two major hubs which branch out everywhere, even to Westchester, NJ and LI.

Yes, if a stadium were to get built out past Flushing, it would suck big time, but most of Queens west of Flushing is easily accessible by subway. If they can find a spot in this area, then it's a great choice.
Then it wouldnt really have a nyc feel to it if its in flushing.

Reactions: jomosono
Regarding current stadium negotiations and all similar future events: The greatest attribute of one's character can be demonstrated in the face of uncertainty. One factor common among all NYCFC fans is their resolute courage of commitment to a club which before this summer did not have a single player. Management did not disappoint. It is this confidence of conviction in managements' decisions which allow great things to happen. They have been entrusted since inception with creating a NYC based football team. This is no easy task and management's devotion to fans is demonstrated continuously. After all, it has a shared commitment with all NYCFC fans, to bring to fruition the single greatest football club ever to play in the MLS - NYCFC!

Okay I re-read this article since you guys seem to be freaking out. My opinion is that this whole article is from the point of view of the elevator and parking garage company's point of view. The City and NYCFC are not mentioned in the article of giving any new info. Maybe the City and NYCFC got what they needed and are evaluating things. I like the little quib about NYCFC "being lucky to be 2nd class tenants" at Yankees. Only Yankee fans who hate soccer would say that. Yankees aren't saying that.

Anyway, when I hear NYCFC announce their new stadium in Long Island or Vermont, then I will get worried. Until then all I know is that MLS wants them in NYC, and their multiple billionaire owners want them there. I wait to freak out.

Okay I re-read this article since you guys seem to be freaking out. My opinion is that this whole article is from the point of view of the elevator and parking garage company's point of view. The City and NYCFC are not mentioned in the article of giving any new info. Maybe the City and NYCFC got what they needed and are evaluating things. I like the little quib about NYCFC "being lucky to be 2nd class tenants" at Yankees. Only Yankee fans who hate soccer would say that. Yankees aren't saying that.

Anyway, when I hear NYCFC announce their new stadium in Long Island or Vermont, then I will get worried. Until then all I know is that MLS wants them in NYC, and their multiple billionaire owners want them there. I wait to freak out.
Stop being so irrational. You should freak out now. Obviously, it's not possible to have a great MLS club with world class support that also shares a stadium with a championship team in another sport. It just doesn't happen.

Reactions: MagnusPax and Gene
This will only get done when the owners realize that it must be completely privately funded. They aren't going to get tax dollars for a soccer stadium. And outside the five boroughs is not a possibility. Otherwise this team will be no different than the Red Bulls.

Reactions: Drainyoo
What ever happened to the ground that the Jets were gonna build on a few years ago? The West side of Manhattan is riddled with open property. I feel like that's the best option even though there will be next to no parking.

Reactions: Florent Gjonbalaj
What ever happened to the ground that the Jets were gonna build on a few years ago? The West side of Manhattan is riddled with open property. I feel like that's the best option even though there will be next to no parking.
Take the subway

Thats where I was thinking the NYC build would happen