• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
That's the location on google maps.
I'm wondering if anyone has more info Deron wouldn't share anything else on FB about who owns the property and he's suggesting it's owned by Yankees/CFG by his comment.

Block & Lots: 6-30, 6-40, 6-50. Currently owned by Housing Preservation & Development. Lots of air rights. Zoned: C2-5(Commercial)/R10(residential)/SHP(South Hunter Point special zoning district)

stadiums-Hunters-Point.png

And the Mayor is going to announce a light rail service between Brooklyn and Queens along the East River waterfront in his State of the City address tomorrow. Problem is, it will not be running until 2024.

http://click.info.mlssoccer.com/?qs=a5c7bc22b01e496273332621514993f81ab6014f63d6afcb8e2f932d17d617c9

I searched for a thread and since found none opened this one.
I personally think the survey is flawed. It focuses on shopping/ eating amenities, how many Season tckets we / or our company would purchase and our emotions rather Futbol/ Soccer specific concerns . I shared some of my thoughts with my friend CatNYC and she was pretty upset that after spending her time completing the survey it did not go through. She also felt many of the questions were dumb and I agree too. Some of the questions were vague and, or choices did not allow for more honest answers and for me ADA seating /issues were not mentioned once. This important for me. I Am in a wheelchair and 2 key concerns for me are public transportation access and viewing location of ADA seating. Any one had problems that after completing the survey it did not go through? I was surprised my pal was unable to send hers, since she is very handy with the latest technology, unlike me.

Reactions: CatNYC
You probably missed the conversation about this in that small thread called Stadium Discussion. We took a slightly different approach to analyzing the survey.

Reactions: LionNYC
Why are we taking the random post of someone on Facebook seriously?

"Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

Not taking it seriously. Simply asking if anyone here knew anything about the land to discredit the theory or breathe some life into it.

Not taking it seriously. Simply asking if anyone here knew anything about the land to discredit the theory or breathe some life into it.

The LIC/Hunter's Point location has been floating around Blue Ladies for a few weeks, but I didn't post anything because all I know is a rumor that NYCFC recently put in a proposal to the Parks Dept. So I am assuming the City owns the land...so good luck with that.

Well it's owned by HPD. But there's nothing I'd ever be able to see if the city made a deal with CFG to lease part of it of JV on a development. I'm skeptical till he says why he suspects something there.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Since Populous has opened their office here and appear to be the group that will take the stadium forward for NYC, thought it worth looking at their other MLS work, also in an urban setting. Pretty comparable, although I would expect a 28-30K stadium for NYC rather than 22K.

http://www.bbvacompassstadium.com/stadium-information

"After five years of negotiations, BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston’s newest downtown stadium, finally celebrated its groundbreaking on February 5, 2011"

"Situated on a six-block urban site near Houston landmarks"

http://www.bbvacompassstadium.com/stadium-information/quick-facts

Ground breaking: February 5, 2011
Scheduled Opening: May 12, 2012

Site Size: 12 acres (522,720 square feet)
Buiding Size: 340,000 square feet
Seating Capacity: 22,000 (7,000 lower sections)

Since Populous has opened their office here and appear to be the group that will take the stadium forward for NYC, thought it worth looking at their other MLS work, also in an urban setting. Pretty comparable, although I would expect a 28-30K stadium for NYC rather than 22K.

http://www.bbvacompassstadium.com/stadium-information

"After five years of negotiations, BBVA Compass Stadium, Houston’s newest downtown stadium, finally celebrated its groundbreaking on February 5, 2011"

"Situated on a six-block urban site near Houston landmarks"

http://www.bbvacompassstadium.com/stadium-information/quick-facts

Ground breaking: February 5, 2011
Scheduled Opening: May 12, 2012

Site Size: 12 acres (522,720 square feet)
Buiding Size: 340,000 square feet
Seating Capacity: 22,000 (7,000 lower sections)
Something tells me that 15 month construction schedule did not have to factor in Union Labor. Union guys will build the thing correctly, but damn if it doesn't take 10 of them to mark a straight line on the floor and confirm it connects Point A to Point B all while discussing it during the mandatory 15minute coffee break every 3 hours. Seriously, Union Labor works about 5.5-6 hours of an 8 hour day once you factor in lunch, breaks, and setup/cleanup at the beginning/end of each day.

Well it's owned by HPD. But there's nothing I'd ever be able to see if the city made a deal with CFG to lease part of it of JV on a development. I'm skeptical till he says why he suspects something there.
The City is moving towards public/private partnerships to pay for new park land - the Brooklyn Bridge Park is a prime example of it. For those that aren't familiar with it's model, the park is a stretch of land by the Brooklyn Bridge that has 5 multi-use piers and a boat marina. To fund it's operations and upkeep, there is a hotel & mega-deluxe condos on the North End and an eventual residential building on the south end to go along with the existing southern condo building. In lieu of paying taxes to the city, the taxes are paid in to a land-trust for the park. It can be achieved because of the sheer amount of Luxury Condos/Hotel.

Supposedly the conservation group running the park has already said the trust is fully funded with only the existing condo model and therefore can add extra low-market rate units in the proposed southern building, and this is being fought by the neighborhood as a city hall dove-tail amendment to a working model. I mention this because reading through the Hunters Point brochure, it said 60% of the units are to be low-market rate units. Based on BBB numbers, that percentage seems very high and probably was the target to get the project moving and grease wheels. It would not surprise me if its now been debunked and the city is looking for a new source of taxable land-trust revenue - a stadium would fit that description much like the hotel at BBB.

Like others, I'm not holding my breath that this is the final location, but it would be an amazing one once the new street-trolley system is built (in ten years). All good fodder to speculate on with my morning coffee. Now off to a jobsite and non-union labor (so progress is happening)....

The LIC/Hunter's Point location has been floating around Blue Ladies for a few weeks, but I didn't post anything because all I know is a rumor that NYCFC recently put in a proposal to the Parks Dept. So I am assuming the City owns the land...so good luck with that.

If a meeting with Parks did happen, it could still be about the Bronx site, since the garages are officially designated as parkland.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam