• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Catastrophic = Fordham or Columbia

If either of those locations had really been under serious consideration they would have qualified as catastrophe.

The Toe The Toe you can PM me to let me know if I got it right. Your secret is safe with me. ;)

What's the equivalent in the United States to Manchester in England?

2.5 Million people in the Manchester market. Second biggest market in the UK. It's more Chicago than anything else.

And Yonkers was a discussion that was had. You all may not like it. But let that be a lesson that they've found it very difficult to build a stadium here. Manage your time expectations.

2.5 Million people in the Manchester market. Second biggest market in the UK. It's more Chicago than anything else.
That's comparing the Manchester metro area with just Chicago city proper. Manchester city proper is closer to 5o0k. Also I don't think this discussion was necessarily about size.
And Yonkers was a discussion that was had. You all may not like it. But let that be a lesson that they've found it very difficult to build a stadium here. Manage your time expectations.
The problem is that the most suitable, buildable, and available areas closest to NYC residential centers are across the Hudson in NJ. Which is untenable as a matter of public expectations and also not that great for transportation despite the somewhat close proximity.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's comparing the Manchester metro area with just Chicago city proper. Manchester city proper is closer to 5o0k. Also I don't think this discussion was necessarily about size.

The problem is that the most suitable, buildable, and available areas closest to NYC residential centers are across the Hudson in NJ. Which is untenable as a matter of public expectations and also not that great for transportation despite the somewhat close proximity.

Manchester is the second largest urban area in the UK. Chicago is the second largest urban area in the U.S.

My understanding of the geography and history is that there is no direct comparison. London is like NYC, Boston and LA all rolled up into one. If the US's second largest city was like a monstrous Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Buffalo type former industrial center, that would be Manchester.

My understanding of the geography and history is that there is no direct comparison. London is like NYC, Boston and LA all rolled up into one. If the US's second largest city was like a monstrous Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Buffalo type former industrial center, that would be Manchester.
I'm not sure I completely understand the London reference. Isn't London smaller than NYC?

Reactions: Kjbert
Catastrophic = Fordham or Columbia

If either of those locations had really been under serious consideration they would have qualified as catastrophe.

The Toe The Toe you can PM me to let me know if I got it right. Your secret is safe with me. ;)
Oh, you're way off. Gun to my head, I'd take Columbia over Fordham or LIC. It'd have been much worse than that.

Oh, you're way off. Gun to my head, I'd take Columbia over Fordham or LIC. It'd have been much worse than that.
I don't think anything in the five boroughs would count as catastrophic. There are plenty of bad/undesirable options sure, but catastrophe = anything outside city limits, regardless of any other details.

I'm not sure I completely understand the London reference. Isn't London smaller than NYC?

yes it is, but I mean in terms of its role and significance to the country. NYC is the commercial, arts and media center, Boston is the education center and LA the entertainment center of the US. London is all those things to the UK.