Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This isn't a humble brag. It's just an outright brag.
nah, man. An outright brag would have been, "Me and 29 others rented a party bus to go to Philly and an all inclusive suite at the game. The bus was tricked out with lounge seating, light show, sound system and more. We chatted and took pics with Claudio Reyna and Jon Patricof, as they were in the suite next door. I ran into Maurice Edu in the men's room and had a chat with him as well. The entire day was sexy and douchey." See that's a brag. But that's not my style.

Post on page 483 of this thread:
"Did you see those welds that guy Freddy was doing?!?!? Friggin' sparks flying all over the place and melted iron just dripping onto the beams. If I never see that welder guy on the site again it'll be too soon. Can't believe management lets him weld."
Are you preparing a Ghosts of Forum Future thread?

I'm trying to think if an update this year, without a serious announcement, would actually be good for the fanbase. Or if it would just grow the anxiety. Maybe NYCFCfan NYCFCfan has looked into some of the previous "updates" from other clubs... what could they actually give us while still keeping their cards close to vest and not compromise their position?

I think at this point, I'm ready for the concrete word saying: "Recently, we came to an agreement with XXXX on the acquisition of XXX acres in the borough of XXX, at the site formerly comprising XXX, to build a XXX-seat SSS, blah blah blah...", instead of a flimsy update. I guess a timeline would be about as much as we could ask for.
One of the things I've been debating: if I find something but it's nothing we'd want do I mention it or say nothing?

Right now I'm leaning towards putting everything out there so it puts pressure on the club to do something.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
One of the things I've been debating: if I find something but it's nothing we'd want do I mention it or say nothing?

Right now I'm leaning towards putting everything out there so it puts pressure on the club to do something.
put it out there

Reactions: adam and joe

Under normal circumstances, if the club was actually transparent with most player/roster/injury matters, I'd say sit on it and give them the benefit of the doubt. Because the team has consistently operated behind roster/injury subterfuge, they've lost the option of "trust us." Put it out there. Put it out there now. Like right now.

Under normal circumstances, if the club was actually transparent with most player/roster/injury matters, I'd say sit on it and give them the benefit of the doubt. Because the team has consistently operated behind roster/injury subterfuge, they've lost the option of "trust us." Put it out there. Put it out there now. Like right now.
That's my thinking, this front office has been anything but transparent. I'll let you know as soon as I get my hands on the information, whatever it may be.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
"Did you see those welds that guy Freddy was doing?!?!? Friggin' sparks flying all over the place and melted iron just dripping onto the beams. If I never see that welder guy on the site again it'll be too soon. Can't believe management lets him weld."
And he's taking up an international slot to boot.

You find something we'd like, tell us.
You find something we'd not like, tell us.
You find grandma's secret crochet technique, tell us.
Bottom line, tell us.
Starved for info here, ill take anything.

The problem is, Freddy is a freaking leader. The rest of the crew rallies around him, we need guys like that. We have never seen Tony weld, so we don't know what to expect from him, we need to assume that the foreman Pierre, and the last foreman John knew what they were doing with Freddy. The only alternative is to pay a lot more to get that legend Javier over here from Spain, but he has been making quite a few mistakes in his last few projects.

The problem is, Freddy is a freaking leader. The rest of the crew rallies around him, we need guys like that. We have never seen Tony weld, so we don't know what to expect from him, we need to assume that the foreman Pierre, and the last foreman John knew what they were doing with Freddy. The only alternative is to pay a lot more to get that legend Javier over here from Spain, but he has been making quite a few mistakes in his last few projects.
I see what you did there...

Reactions: FootyLovin
Yeah but Freddy is very sloppy with his tools. Leaves them lying around for others to take. And on top of that when put under pressure freddy nearly welds his co-worker's faces off. I think its time to give tony a crack at it.

Reactions: SoupInNYC
Good news to hear out of Portland, their stadium is an economic success for the city.

Bad news out of Jersey, their stadium situation is a mess with Red Bulls refusing to pay taxes.

but i mean portland stadium was already there no? so all it was remodeled for soccer and the city was already surrounding it ( or at least close to it based on the map of portland, i dont know the area the stadium its at. ) so maybe it better placed to pay back the city since its already in a built community

as for harrison....i think where the stadium is there is nothing around it where they have to start from scratch and sort of build a community there? plus its a pain getting here so less people go to see the team.

Reactions: Kjbert
but i mean portland stadium was already there no? so all it was remodeled for soccer and the city was already surrounding it ( or at least close to it based on the map of portland, i dont know the area the stadium its at. ) so maybe it better placed to pay back the city since its already in a built community
This is something worth mentioning that I don't think has been mentioned in the last 266 pages of comments.

CFG hasn't built a new stadium.

MCFC and Melbourne City both play in stadiums that were there prior to CFG's takeover, sure they helped remodel and upgrade a stadium but they've never actually splashed cash for one. This makes me wonder how much they're willing to spend since we don't have a precedent for it.

They spent £200m on the training ground for the academy but that's the most they've come to spent on something like this.

They spent £200m on the training ground for the academy but that's the most they've come to spent on something like this.

Thats about how much the NJRB spent on their actually stadium though. So if thats how much they'll spend on training grounds .... one would hope they'd splurge a little more for the stadium.

The Toe is a troll. He's said virtually nothing, other than to (1) claim inside knowledge; (2) direct people away from LIC; and (3) to "think bigger," which could mean literally anything.

A huge parcel with ample parking in Flushing Meadows? That would qualify. A stadium built atop skyscrapers floating above the Manhattan skyline? That works too.

He can take credit for just about anything other than an LIC stadium, which would still be the most sensible location.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
This is something worth mentioning that I don't think has been mentioned in the last 266 pages of comments.

MCFC and Melbourne City both play in stadiums that were there prior to CFG's takeover, sure they helped remodel and upgrade a stadium but they've never actually splashed cash for one. This makes me wonder how much they're willing to spend since we don't have a precedent for it.

So what you're saying is they like to take something existing and remodel it like a kitchen renovation....

Confirmed. Adding seating around Pier 5.

Taking your idea one step farther, before NYCFC, CFG had never built a team from scratch before either, and they paid $100M just to sit at the table.

The Toe is a troll. He's said virtually nothing, other than to (1) claim inside knowledge; (2) direct people away from LIC; and (3) to "think bigger," which could mean literally anything.

A huge parcel with ample parking in Flushing Meadows? That would qualify. A stadium built atop skyscrapers floating above the Manhattan skyline? That works too.

He can take credit for just about anything other than an LIC stadium, which would still be the most sensible location.
I promise you I'm not a troll. There were some very specific things about the info I got that couldn't be shared publicly and would out my source, and I don't want to do that. I'd shared that 1. The focus hasn't been on LIC; 2. The process isn't as far along as we think it is; 3. CFG is taking its time, but has a specific borough in mind. I can also probably now share that there was an option/scenario explored that would have been cataclysmic to the club, but seems to have been passed up on, very very thankfully. I mean, it's been over a month since I heard anything, but my source is about as good as it gets in this process.

My "think bigger" is just a reflection of what I've been told and the discussions that folks are having about the site. Maybe LIC is in play, but it's not option #1.

I can also probably now share that there was an option/scenario explored that would have been cataclysmic to the club, but seems to have been passed up on, very very thankfully. I mean, it's been over a month since I heard anything, but my source is about as good as it gets in this process.
Lampard contract extension.