Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I promise you I'm not a troll. There were some very specific things about the info I got that couldn't be shared publicly and would out my source, and I don't want to do that. I'd shared that 1. The focus hasn't been on LIC; 2. The process isn't as far along as we think it is; 3. CFG is taking its time, but has a specific borough in mind. I can also probably now share that there was an option/scenario explored that would have been cataclysmic to the club, but seems to have been passed up on, very very thankfully. I mean, it's been over a month since I heard anything, but my source is about as good as it gets in this process.

My "think bigger" is just a reflection of what I've been told and the discussions that folks are having about the site. Maybe LIC is in play, but it's not option #1.
cataclysmic like move to san antonio cataclysmic. Cause if something drastic like that was ever being discussed what the hell am I doing here? Even if it was passed upon, if i heard that the ownership even had that nuclear option on their board i would have to seriously reassess my allegiance to the team.

I promise you I'm not a troll. There were some very specific things about the info I got that couldn't be shared publicly and would out my source, and I don't want to do that. I'd shared that 1. The focus hasn't been on LIC; 2. The process isn't as far along as we think it is; 3. CFG is taking its time, but has a specific borough in mind. I can also probably now share that there was an option/scenario explored that would have been cataclysmic to the club, but seems to have been passed up on, very very thankfully. I mean, it's been over a month since I heard anything, but my source is about as good as it gets in this process.

My "think bigger" is just a reflection of what I've been told and the discussions that folks are having about the site. Maybe LIC is in play, but it's not option #1.

You probably can't confirm or deny but my understanding is that there was a very real exploration of what a Yonkers stadium would have looked like. Both Mayor Mike Spano and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino backed the move. It would have been a beautiful waterfront location, similar to the view you have in Chester, PA for the Union.

I believe the "think bigger" is in reference to a Manhattan stadium site? I couldn't fathom where that would be.

You probably can't confirm or deny but my understanding is that there was a very real exploration of what a Yonkers stadium would have looked like. Both Mayor Mike Spano and Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino backed the move. It would have been a beautiful waterfront location, similar to the view you have in Chester, PA for the Union.

I believe the "think bigger" is in reference to a Manhattan stadium site? I couldn't fathom where that would be.
Yonkers doesn't really fit the bill with what CFG seemingly envisions. I think most would turn Yonkers down in a heartbeat, but I didn't hear anything specifically about a Yonkers site. I used to live in Yonkers, too, and could imagine they could've built there when the team was first announced if they wanted it, but thankfully, we don't have to worry about Westchester being an option right now.

Yonkers doesn't really fit the bill with what CFG seemingly envisions. I think most would turn Yonkers down in a heartbeat, but I didn't hear anything specifically about a Yonkers site. I used to live in Yonkers, too, and could imagine they could've built there when the team was first announced if they wanted it, but thankfully, we don't have to worry about Westchester being an option right now.

If we move to Yonkers we would be NYFC. Not NYCFC :D

Still more NY than Energy Drinks for. Sure. Though.

cataclysmic like move to san antonio cataclysmic. Cause if something drastic like that was ever being discussed what the hell am I doing here? Even if it was passed upon, if i heard that the ownership even had that nuclear option on their board i would have to seriously reassess my allegiance to the team.

Since we seem to be playing "CFG has never...", then I'll say that CFG has never relocated a team it's owned before. In fact, it's never even run a team in a league where relocation was even allowed, before NYCFC. I seriously doubt that relocating the team would ever, ever be considered - they picked NYC for a reason, and to move away from it would cast serious questions over the point of them even running an MLS team.

Also, there's the fact that the team is still 20% owned by the Yankees, and I can't see them being all for moving away from NYC.

Also, there's the fact that the team is still 20% owned by the Yankees, and I can't see them being all for moving away from NYC.
While I fully expect the team to be in NYC, I don't think the Yankees are a major factor on that account. They were certainly willing to threaten to move themselves to New Jersey numerous times over the years to get their new stadium, where we are now. And while many suspected those were empty threats, I think they undoubtedly would move their partly-owned soccer team in a heartbeat if it made business sense. Which it doesn't, but that's what is holding them back, the same as it deters CFG. It would be bad business to build the stadium outside NYC. It has nothing to do with some institutional affection for the city or a non-business need to be here.

Listen, no ill will, and you're free to go on dropping bread crumbs for whoever wants to follow, but as for me, not believing anything you have to say.

Let's just say you have private information that could end up revealing your source. And to go with your premise, you don't want to out your source. What should you do? Obv answer: Say nothing.

You don't start dropping bread crumbs so that you get a bunch of questions that you give a "no dice" to. What happens when someone guesses right? Then you either have to lie and say "no," or give up the source you were nominally trying to protect. It's a game that doesn't end well for your source. Unless, of course, there is no source and you're just in it for the attention.

Or, unless you actually know something, and are trying to throw people off.

While I fully expect the team to be in NYC, I don't think the Yankees are a major factor on that account. They were certainly willing to threaten to move themselves to New Jersey numerous times over the years to get their new stadium, where we are now. And while many suspected those were empty threats, I think they undoubtedly would move their partly-owned soccer team in a heartbeat if it made business sense. Which it doesn't, but that's what is holding them back, the same as it deters CFG. It would be bad business to build the stadium outside NYC. It has nothing to do with some institutional affection for the city or a non-business need to be here.
I think Falastur Falastur was referring to completely moving cities/locations such as the St Louis Rams just did. Not so much as moving but staying in the same area as the fanbase.

Listen, no ill will, and you're free to go on dropping bread crumbs for whoever wants to follow, but as for me, not believing anything you have to say.

Let's just say you have private information that could end up revealing your source. And to go with your premise, you don't want to out your source. What should you do? Obv answer: Say nothing.

You don't start dropping bread crumbs so that you get a bunch of questions that you give a "no dice" to. What happens when someone guesses right? Then you either have to lie and say "no," or give up the source you were nominally trying to protect. It's a game that doesn't end well for your source. Unless, of course, there is no source and you're just in it for the attention.

Or maybe you are the toe's alt account and you're trying to get us off your back. Don't think my tin foil hat can't deflect your clever mind games.

I completely disagree. The Toe The Toe has provided some good information here and has politely stated that he cannot give any more or he will out his source.

I completely understand if individuals such as yourself don't want to believe his information. There's no real reason for you to do so. Nothing in our eyes except The Toe's is truly "backed up" for those purposes.

But I also don't have a reason to not believe him. Unless he had a history of saying "I told you so", I doubt he's here making these statements so a bunch of randos on the internet give him high-fives that he was right.

Keep doing what you're doing The Toe The Toe

I completely disagree. The Toe The Toe has provided some good information here and has politely stated that he cannot give any more or he will out his source.

I completely understand if individuals such as yourself don't want to believe his information. There's no real reason for you to do so. Nothing in our eyes except The Toe's is truly "backed up" for those purposes.

But I also don't have a reason to not believe him. Unless he had a history of saying "I told you so", I doubt he's here making these statements so a bunch of randos on the internet give him high-fives that he was right.

Keep doing what you're doing The Toe The Toe

And I fully get the fun of speculation. I would expect Mr. Toe to keep on doing what he does, regardless of what you, I, or anyone has to say, b/c that's his prerogative.

I wouldn't mind hearing about the "good information" he provided on the stadium, btw, as I'm always open to reevaluating my opinions if there is a good reason to do so. I didn't see any, but in fairness, I haven't been on all 267 pages of this crazy thread.

I think Falastur Falastur was referring to completely moving cities/locations such as the St Louis Rams just did. Not so much as moving but staying in the same area as the fanbase.

Yeah, pretty much. The post I quoted talked about moving to San Antonio, so that was what I was basing my answer off. It was probably a sarcastic comment, since there's been no hint that that would ever happen anyway, but I answered it all the same for some reason.

Yeah, pretty much. The post I quoted talked about moving to San Antonio, so that was what I was basing my answer off. It was probably a sarcastic comment, since there's been no hint that that would ever happen anyway, but I answered it all the same for some reason.
I took the San Antonio reference to be metaphorical, as in "if you move to yonkers /jersey/whatever nearby you might as well move to San Antonio." Because why the hell would they move to San Antonio? That came out of nowhere. It never occurred to me someone would take it literally, except now Rimil Rimil will probably tell me he meant it literally.

And I fully get the fun of speculation. I would expect Mr. Toe to keep on doing what he does, regardless of what you, I, or anyone has to say, b/c that's his prerogative.

I wouldn't mind hearing about the "good information" he provided on the stadium, btw, as I'm always open to reevaluating my opinions if there is a good reason to do so. I didn't see any, but in fairness, I haven't been on all 267 pages of this crazy thread.
I think there should be a way to verify that his information was good after it comes to light. So(!) I propose he writes it down, digs a hole out in the desert and buries what he's written. Selects 2000 people - nay, Apostles! - from the forums to give pieces of the coordinates. Some will be decoy coordinates - naturally - and some will be true, so as to prevent collusion among the "chosen". Then when the information comes out, he tells us who holds the correct coordinates and we all go out into the desert and discover if he indeed spoke the truth of his knowledge. And if all goes to plan than hundreds of years from now these events shall go down as a fun club legend. Or! It resolves itself in some horrible highlander-esque fashion and day by day we are kill off so as to have our knowledge absorbed until there can be only one. But on the bright side this would also be a pretty bad ass club legend hundreds of years from now.

I took the San Antonio reference to be metaphorical, as in "if you move to yonkers /jersey/whatever nearby you might as well move to San Antonio." Because why the hell would they move to San Antonio? That came out of nowhere. It never occurred to me someone would take it literally, except now Rimil Rimil will probably tell me he meant it literally.
ah well, most of the time I am not serious with things; just looking for a laugh, but this was a serious comment based on wild conjecture. The Toe said there was a catastrophic option suggested and averted. So in my hamster-wheel of a brain I started to think, what would be catastrophic? And it came to me that CGF would be so frustrated that they decide to move the franchise; to which I randomly selected San Antonio as a destination to make the point. So the destination was just an example city, but the relocation was my guess at what he meant by catastrophic. To which I then stated even thinking of relocation as a .0001% option gives me angst as a STH that it could even be considers. But like I said it was conjecture on what catastrophic means.

ah well, most of the time I am not serious with things; just looking for a laugh, but this was a serious comment based on wild conjecture. The Toe said there was a catastrophic option suggested and averted. So in my hamster-wheel of a brain I started to think, what would be catastrophic? And it came to me that CGF would be so frustrated that they decide to move the franchise; to which I randomly selected San Antonio as a destination to make the point. So the destination was just an example city, but the relocation was my guess at what he meant by catastrophic. To which I then stated even thinking of relocation as a .0001% option gives me angst as a STH that it could even be considers. But like I said it was conjecture on what catastrophic means.
If we want to discuss catastrophic, there are some other options:

CFG sells the club to a shallow-pocket NYC consortium - everything is done on the cheap
CFG sells the club to the Yankees - *there would never be a separate stadium*
CFG Builds in Yonkers - Club is laughing stock of league forever
CFG does a timeshare with Red Bull - similar to the ice age wiping out the dinosaurs
CFG does a timeshare with the Kosmos on Long Island - similar to the earth blowing up
CFG throws in the towel and long-term leases Columbia's stadium with no improvements and no alcohol sales- Black Hole eats Earth
CFG folds club and sells MLS rights to USL Club making the jump in another city - Black Hole eats the Black Hole that ate Earth

Reactions: Rimil and JayH
If we want to discuss catastrophic, there are some other options:

CFG sells the club to a shallow-pocket NYC consortium - everything is done on the cheap
CFG sells the club to the Yankees - *there would never be a separate stadium*
CFG Builds in Yonkers - Club is laughing stock of league forever
CFG does a timeshare with Red Bull - similar to the ice age wiping out the dinosaurs
CFG does a timeshare with the Kosmos on Long Island - similar to the earth blowing up
CFG throws in the towel and long-term leases Columbia's stadium with no improvements and no alcohol sales- Black Hole eats Earth
CFG folds club and sells MLS rights to USL Club making the jump in another city - Black Hole eats the Black Hole that ate Earth

What's the equivalent in the United States to Manchester in England?

Reactions: Kjbert