RedBull Arena
Belmont Park
Michie Stadium (West Point)
Aqueduct Race Track
Wien Stadium (Columbia)
Yonkers Raceway
High Point Stadium (Rutgers)

Rentschler Field is way in the north of CT, not a great plan
Yale Bowl, however, is perfect because it is walking distance for me so we should go with that if we really want to be a CT team #NYCFCinCT

Reactions: Kjbert
Icahn Stadium, but I don't know who owns that and it's really hard to get to.

But it's still in the city.
I think it's owned by the city but is run by a charitable organization type of company. Or something like that. There's a bus that goes right there from 125th and Lex, which is maybe adequate for the 5,000 people it holds but won't really work for 30,000 soccer fans. An issue is that it's a dedicated track and field stadium. Don't think they'll mess up their track for soccer, especially considering there's a soccer field there too, although that has maybe a few hundred seats. Not even sure the infield is large enough for a soccer field anyway.

The original Cosmos played there, although that was Downing Stadium and Icahn replaced that.

Reactions: forfalskning
St johns i think is the best option. Lot of area teams play their open cup games there.

Wonder if we would have the option to add some temporary seating. Belson Stadium (St. John's) seats 2,200. Ichan Stadium seats 5,000. I think we'd need more than those two figures to accommodate demand.

I also note that Ichan Stadium has an artificial surface, which is a big strike against it.

I thought there was some rule against hosting certain events at Icahn Stadium, including soccer matches. This was discussed 200 pages ago I think.
Let's check the videotape...
If I remember correctly, the stipulations in the Icahn trust would prevent a full-time soccer club from being able to play at Icahn. There are much better locations out there.
That's an oddly specific stipulation. Are there any Wilpon connections?
I'm pretty sure 413Blue is correct. I'm not sure if anything specific bans a full time soccer team, but I thought whoever rebuilt the area stipulated the stadium can be used for track & field events only.
Yes that's what I meant. It does not say "no soccer" but it is to be a T&F stadium with limited exceptions for other events. Those exceptions would not allows a Soccer team to play there.
So nobody cited anything, but on the other hand nobody has disputed it in 22 months.

Rocco B. Commisso Soccer Stadium at Columbia seats 3,500. Robert K. Kraft Field at Lawrence A. Wien Stadium seats 17,000. Both are FieldTurf surfaces.

I thought there was some rule against hosting certain events at Icahn Stadium, including soccer matches. This was discussed 200 pages ago I think.
I believe you're correct. Unless they changed something over the years, I'm almost certain the people who foot the bill to renovate the venue, stipulated it could only be used for track meets (and maybe even concerts). No other sporting events were to be allowed.

The dates for the first round of the USOC, when we'd play, the Yankees are out of town.
Good point. The game according to ussoccer.com would be on Wednesday, June 15th. The last Yankee game prior to that is on Sunday June 12th, and they don't return until Tuesday June 21st. Plenty of time to turn the field back around.

Good point. The game according to ussoccer.com would be on Wednesday, June 15th. The last Yankee game prior to that is on Sunday June 12th, and they don't return until Tuesday June 21st. Plenty of time to turn the field back around.
The problem would be with demands. Yankee Stadium is very good expensive to operate for a few thousand. So unless they think they can buck the trend of low single-digit attendance for early round games, they look for a stop-loss venue, if they even attempt to host.

we have a game vs philly 6/18. Probably just set the field up for soccer the minute Yankees leave and keep it up till Sunday.