Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm pretty sure we've had that discussion before.
Shocking, I know. I don't think there was any consensus. Personally I could accept an otherwise intolerable temporary site if a permanent site and timetable were announced.
"Westchester" is also a bit non-specific. There's a big difference between Peekskill and New Rochelle.

But if we are talking about temporary homes, do we know of any stadiums in Westchester that could accommodate at least 20k fans?

Reactions: Kjbert
I live and work in Westchester. I can't fathom where the heck they could play:

Non- Yankee Stadium sites in the metropolitan area:

MetLife Stadium
Citi Field
Yale Bowl
Rentschler Field
RedBull Arena
Belmont Park
Michie Stadium (West Point)
Aqueduct Race Track
Wien Stadium (Columbia)
Yonkers Raceway
High Point Stadium (Rutgers)

Reactions: FootyLovin
I was thinking about this last week but never got around to making a coherent post. Basically, how good of a long term solution would justify how bad of a short term home? Would five years in Westchester alienate more people than a pie in the sky Manhattan stadium at the end of it?
I think both announcements would have to come at once – it doesn't seem like there's a ton of trust between fans and ownership right now.

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but "the new temporary stadium" situation was the only new one in the set defined by the constraints in FredMertz's update that jumped out at me. Then again, source's info could be wrong or old. One has to be crazy to be a fan o_O.

Reactions: joe
You could set up temporary seating at Yonkers Raceway if you wanted

You could set up temporary seating at Yonkers Raceway if you wanted
for 30K? cuz that's what you need given our STH numbers. or else you're turning away thousands of potential new customers

I'm pretty sure we've had that discussion before.
Shocking, I know. I don't think there was any consensus. Personally I could accept an otherwise intolerable temporary site if a permanent site and timetable were announced.
For sure, it's going to vary by person. And by what specifically they announce/build.

I have a pretty good idea of what counts as deal or no deal for purchasing season tickets in a permanent home for me, less sure of what I'd do in the event of a "bad" interim situation.

for 30K? cuz that's what you need given our STH numbers. or else you're turning away thousands of potential new customers

Very familiar with Yonkers. The quoted number isn't the true number there anyway. You could easily add the required 20k in temporary seats if you had a commitment to stay there for a decent number of years.

Very familiar with Yonkers. The quoted number isn't the true number there anyway. You could easily add the required 20k in temporary seats if you had a commitment to stay there for a decent number of years.
sorry your reply confuses me. are you saying our presumed STH numbers are not in the 19-20K range? I'm familiar with Yonkers too, I dropped $160 on the Derby there on Sunday.

sorry your reply confuses me. are you saying our presumed STH numbers are not in the 19-20K range? I'm familiar with Yonkers too, I dropped $160 on the Derby there on Sunday.

I'm saying I'm familiar with the track. Our STH numbers I'm sure are correct. I have no reason to think otherwise.

I'm saying that Yonkers holds more than 7,000 people. It depends on how you structure it.

You would need to build temporary seating for 20,000 more people. It's entirely possible. And it would be better than playing in Harrison or at MetLife. Both spots aren't super easy to get to unless you live near a bridge or tunnel in Manhattan.

I'm saying I'm familiar with the track. Our STH numbers I'm sure are correct. I have no reason to think otherwise.

I'm saying that Yonkers holds more than 7,000 people. It depends on how you structure it.

You would need to build temporary seating for 20,000 more people. It's entirely possible. And it would be better than playing in Harrison or at MetLife. Both spots aren't super easy to get to unless you live near a bridge or tunnel in Manhattan.
ok, gotcha. so you'd be eliminating the track. That would be a place 90% of people would drive to so you'd have to have parking to accomodate

We're not leaving Yankee Stadium until we have our own.

1444.jpg
has spoken ...

1444.jpg
has spoken ...
I mean, really though, it'd make no sense to find another temporary home. I have no actual info about anything related to Yankee Stadium, but if ownership is making money off of it, even if it isn't ideal, they're so far ahead of the curve for teams that've used temporary stadiums, there's nothing to complain about.

I mean, really though, it'd make no sense to find another temporary home. I have no actual info about anything related to Yankee Stadium, but if ownership is making money off of it, even if it isn't ideal, they're so far ahead of the curve for teams that've used temporary stadiums, there's nothing to complain about

Agreed. The entire venture is profitable for everyone involved, even though sharing the field isn't ideal. We'll stay where we are until we have our own stadium.

Reactions: Goodfella and joe
ok, gotcha. so you'd be eliminating the track. That would be a place 90% of people would drive to so you'd have to have parking to accomodate

You could train and shuttle there. Not the worst thing in the world. There is more than enough parking to accommodate 30,000 people. You wouldn't eliminate the track. You would have seating on two sides of the track only. Probably nothing at the ends.