Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The problem would be with demands. Yankee Stadium is very good expensive to operate for a few thousand. So unless they think they can buck the trend of low single-digit attendance for early round games, they look for a stop-loss venue, if they even attempt to host.
Solid point. And they wouldn't be able to rely on season-ticket holder revenue for that extra game.

Reactions: Kjbert
Solid point. And they wouldn't be able to rely on season-ticket holder revenue for that extra game.
went to a few USOC games at RBA, they were $10 GA seating if I recall correctly. Not a money maker by any means

No surprise there. Those are the only places a soccer arena could possibly be. Plus Pier 40.

I wonder how many temporary seats we could fit into pier 40 for a one off match? That would be a classic!

How does the (any) club handle Cup matches? Are STH on the hook for them where if they don't opt out then they get charged? Even mid-week, I'd be stoked to take in an extra game especially if we are playing either the Cosmos or RB.

How does the (any) club handle Cup matches? Are STH on the hook for them where if they don't opt out then they get charged? Even mid-week, I'd be stoked to take in an extra game especially if we are playing either the Cosmos or RB.
I can only speak to my experiences with Red Bull and it was not part of the STH package so you weren't being charged for them. As per my previous post, Open Cup matches were $10. I can't recall what they charged when they played Cosmos at RBA last year but it was a small crowd still.

What was that quote when NYCFC was announced? We'd be out of Yankee Stadium within 5 years?

If so we're into year 2 without any concrete progress and a stadium will take some time to build.
A stadium should take 2 years from ceremonial shovel to ribbon cutting. The next year should theoretically be the city/state approvals process (anything on the water will likely have state approvals).