Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
A Better Article: http://therealdeal.com/2016/06/10/city-offers-100m-for-citistorage-site-on-brooklyn-waterfront/

It's 600,000 square feet or close to 14 acres which is more than we need. Unfortunately, the plot is shaped like a rectangle so it would be hard to build a stadium. But it may fit. Still, that's a big ask just for the land $325M.

If someone wants to do some more research on the dimensions of the stadium to fit that would be appreciated by everyone. I think this is the best plot of land currently available for a stadium.

With the added acreage, we would fit a parking building. Public Transport isn't the best though as previously noted.
CitiStorageSite.png

Non starter. Dimensions aside, even if they were perfect the only transportation there is the L train which is... well if you're a New Yorker you already know. There's also the G near by but that's hardly even a real train line.

Light rail being built. And by the time the L construction is done, Stadium still wouldn't be built. And hopefully after the repairs it can also carry a higher volume of passengers. Also can have water taxi/ferry service take you there.

Light rail being built. And by the time the L construction is done, Stadium still wouldn't be built. And hopefully after the repairs it can also carry a higher volume of passengers. Also can have water taxi/ferry service take you there.
Even IF the mayor decided that a park the community has lobbied for decades shouldn't go there; You're also adding a half hour for both LIRR and Metro North commuters. I honestly just don't see this as a viable option for CFG unless they're desperate.

There's too many other possible spots out there for them to push something like this that's overpriced and lacking in great transportation options.

Do we have any civil engineers here? How big of a concern should it be that both this and the LIC site are in very low lying areas (NYC Flood Zone 1) Seems unwise to me given combo of increased hurricane risk and rising sea levels over the life of the stadium.

Reactions: Kjbert
Forgive the self promotion but figured it's the easiest way to share three pictures.

DC United's stadium design went from "wow" to "oh alright" to "what?"

Value engineering: the process of dumbing-down a design after the initial sticker-shock of WTF wears off.

Every project in the world goes through it. Hell, the Freedom Tower design by Daniel Libeskind (that won the competition) was a thing of pure beauty.... Once SOM got their foot in the door with the developer, it was reduced to the monolithic pillar it now is.

Reactions: NYCFCfan
Do we have any civil engineers here? How big of a concern should it be that both this and the LIC site are in very low lying areas (NYC Flood Zone 1) Seems unwise to me given combo of increased hurricane risk and rising sea levels over the life of the stadium.
Is there risk, yes. Are there solutions, yes. Will there be design trade offs, yes. Anything can be accomplished with Time & Money.

Anyone wonder if they'd strike a deal with Fordham? After tonight's crap game, couldn't help but think of how easy it was to get to that campus and stadium.

Despite the amount of money that NYCFC could offer Fordham, I don't think they could take that deal. If they were to build a SSS with 25,000 seats, it would ruin their current athletics operations for sports that play on that football/baseball field combo.

Sure the income for the SSS would be greater than athletic donations for football/softball but it's a 2% chance of happening.

Anyone wonder if they'd strike a deal with Fordham? After tonight's crap game, couldn't help but think of how easy it was to get to that campus and stadium.

Didn't you notice all the "school buildings" that would have to be knocked down to create a stadium?

It could be done. You'd need to move the baseball facility somewhere else to make room for 30K seats and a grass field, but there are other playing fields elsewhere on campus that they could use. They'd also need to get comfortable with full concessions, including alcohol.

I'm pretty sure Fordham would also mean forcing fans to rely almost 100% on public transportation. I see little existing parking and not much opportunity to create more. And the transit situation isn't that solid either. The closest subway is a 21 minute walk away according to Google. Yes NYers walk fast so maybe drop it to 17-18. I took Metro North to and from midtown which (1) ended up costing more than parking with the subway transfers included, and (2) took about 100 minutes all in to get me home to central/west Queens. I got home after 11pm and am grateful we didn't have extra time. Driving home would have had me in my PJs around 10pm. Yankee stadium mass transit at night is probably 75 minutes and 1/5 the cost.

I'm pretty sure Fordham would also mean forcing fans to rely almost 100% on public transportation. I see little existing parking and not much opportunity to create more. And the transit situation isn't that solid either. The closest subway is a 21 minute walk away according to Google. Yes NYers walk fast so maybe drop it to 17-18. I took Metro North to and from midtown which (1) ended up costing more than parking with the subway transfers included, and (2) took about 100 minutes all in to get me home to central/west Queens. I got home after 11pm and am grateful we didn't have extra time. Driving home would have had me in my PJs around 10pm. Yankee stadium mass transit at night is probably 75 minutes and 1/5 the cost.

I got home 11:45!!! And that was rushing back to Penn Station an just catching my train. Could have easily been 12:15 with some dilly dallying.

I got home 11:45!!! And that was rushing back to Penn Station an just catching my train. Could have easily been 12:15 with some dilly dallying.
Yowza. I should have mentioned my connections were also pretty sweet especially given the late hour. With bad but perfectly plausible connections my trip also would have been 2+hours.

Reactions: adam