• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Way too many stops.
Absurd. By the time you get off the 4 at GCT, go get your ticket, get to your train, 15 minutes to get there, walk to the Stadium, you're losing a good 10 minutes at least compared to just taking the 4 to the game, even with 3 more stops. Plus, if you're on the 4 from Brooklyn, you'll be guaranteed a seat by the time you hit the Bronx.

Absurd. By the time you get off the 4 at GCT, go get your ticket, get to your train, 15 minutes to get there, walk to the Stadium, you're losing a good 10 minutes at least compared to just taking the 4 to the game, even with 3 more stops. Plus, if you're on the 4 from Brooklyn, you'll be guaranteed a seat by the time you hit the Bronx.
Exactly, getting off at GC and taking Metro North makes no sense.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's why I asked if the MetroNorth ran to Brooklyn. I didn't think one would take the subway specifically to GC just to switch to the MetroNorth for one or two stops to YS. I knew a few guys from Woodside who'd take the LIRR anytime they went to MSG, but this makes sense to me since the LIRR is in the same place as their local subway stop.

I clicked on a link in an email today and found the list of awarded contracts below. The reference to the railway lines makes me think it may be in the Hunters Point area of LIC people have been mentioning.

upload_2016-5-31_9-28-6.png

NYCEDC New York City. Make it Here.
Awarded Construction Contracts and Bid Results

Project Name Project Description
Construction Management- Waterfront Properties
Contract Numbers: 2396003, 23960004, 23960006
Development, rehabilitation, replacement, and construction of waterfront properties. Also, installation, rehabilitation, and demolition of roads, parking areas, underground utilities, bridges, railroads, and other typical infrastructure assets.

Construction Management Waterfront Properties 23960004 Tishman Construction Corp.
Paul Menzel
paul.menzel@aecom.com

Construction Management Waterfront Properties 23960003 Liro Program Construction Management Michael Mascaro
mascarom@liro.com

Construction Management Waterfront Properties 23960006 Skanska USA Building
Deborah Jordan
deborah.jordan@skanska.com

Long_Island_City_Website-04.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and NickA
I clicked on a link in an email today and found the list of awarded contracts below. The reference to the railway lines makes me think it may be in the Hunters Point area of LIC people have been mentioning.

View attachment 5007

NYCEDC New York City. Make it Here.
Awarded Construction Contracts and Bid Results

Project Name Project Description
Construction Management- Waterfront Properties
Contract Numbers: 2396003, 23960004, 23960006
Development, rehabilitation, replacement, and construction of waterfront properties. Also, installation, rehabilitation, and demolition of roads, parking areas, underground utilities, bridges, railroads, and other typical infrastructure assets.

Construction Management Waterfront Properties 23960004 Tishman Construction Corp.
Paul Menzel
paul.menzel@aecom.com

Construction Management Waterfront Properties 23960003 Liro Program Construction Management Michael Mascaro
mascarom@liro.com

Construction Management Waterfront Properties 23960006 Skanska USA Building
Deborah Jordan
deborah.jordan@skanska.com

Long_Island_City_Website-04.jpg
I think thats housing. I dont know though

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
small, and absolutely zero in way of parking. I play pick-up/league games there and there is barely parking and there can't be more then 100 people at the fields, couldn't imagine supporting 25k+. And the only subway is probably an uncomfortable walk for many people. I doubt it would work.
Plus the community has been beating the drums for that to become a park for forever and there's no way a stadium is going there.

The reason why City are able to get things done in Manchester is that they have a council who they work with and are eager for the investment.

I have come to realise by reading this thread, that things in New York are a whole lot different. There are many competing entities and a lot of politics to get around before it seems you even get to discuss your proposals.

The reason why City are able to get things done in Manchester is that they have a council who they work with and are eager for the investment.

I have come to realise by reading this thread, that things in New York are a whole lot different. There are many competing entities and a lot of politics to get around before it seems you even get to discuss your proposals.

Yep. Even a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company is just one among many here.

A Better Article: http://therealdeal.com/2016/06/10/city-offers-100m-for-citistorage-site-on-brooklyn-waterfront/

It's 600,000 square feet or close to 14 acres which is more than we need. Unfortunately, the plot is shaped like a rectangle so it would be hard to build a stadium. But it may fit. Still, that's a big ask just for the land $325M.

If someone wants to do some more research on the dimensions of the stadium to fit that would be appreciated by everyone. I think this is the best plot of land currently available for a stadium.

With the added acreage, we would fit a parking building. Public Transport isn't the best though as previously noted.

Last edited:
Off topic a little but after watching the USMNT at Lincoln financial field in Philly, the Union really need a stadium in that area.