Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I got home 11:45!!! And that was rushing back to Penn Station an just catching my train. Could have easily been 12:15 with some dilly dallying.
So if you didn't run to catch your train just like Mullins didn't run to chase any balls, you'd have gotten home at 12:15?

Let that be a lesson - don't be lazy when commuting. The more you know!

Reactions: adam
Didn't you notice all the "school buildings" that would have to be knocked down to create a stadium?
It could be done. You'd need to move the baseball facility somewhere else to make room for 30K seats and a grass field, but there are other playing fields elsewhere on campus that they could use. They'd also need to get comfortable with full concessions, including alcohol.
I'm pretty sure Fordham would also mean forcing fans to rely almost 100% on public transportation. I see little existing parking and not much opportunity to create more. And the transit situation isn't that solid either. The closest subway is a 21 minute walk away according to Google. Yes NYers walk fast so maybe drop it to 17-18. I took Metro North to and from midtown which (1) ended up costing more than parking with the subway transfers included, and (2) took about 100 minutes all in to get me home to central/west Queens. I got home after 11pm and am grateful we didn't have extra time. Driving home would have had me in my PJs around 10pm. Yankee stadium mass transit at night is probably 75 minutes and 1/5 the cost.
That athletics field was just built like 8 years ago, and the parking garage (we do have one) was built 9 years ago. The building behind the field if i recall is either an admin building or residence for the brothers. It would be a huge joke to rip all the stuff up and replace it after it was just built recently. Would fly in the face of Jesuit values to be so wasteful with donated money for the sake of sports over say doing something for the community and or scholastic. Not to mention the architecture of the existing buildings is pretty dope and expensive to replace. There is no more room on that campus to put another building without losing green space. Never going to happen.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Fordham would also mean forcing fans to rely almost 100% on public transportation. I see little existing parking and not much opportunity to create more. And the transit situation isn't that solid either. The closest subway is a 21 minute walk away according to Google. Yes NYers walk fast so maybe drop it to 17-18. I took Metro North to and from midtown which (1) ended up costing more than parking with the subway transfers included, and (2) took about 100 minutes all in to get me home to central/west Queens. I got home after 11pm and am grateful we didn't have extra time. Driving home would have had me in my PJs around 10pm. Yankee stadium mass transit at night is probably 75 minutes and 1/5 the cost.
I was coming from Court Square (Citibank building) got on the train about 6:20 and actually took a Lyft from the D stop to the field. We got in at the 10th minute.
Coming home we got the idea in our heads that the SBS would be easier and take the same amount of time - so we actually took the Bx9 to the Q44SBS to Main St (stop for Bubble Tea) and then the 7 train home. We left the stadium about 930-940, I got to my stop at 11:10.

If NYCFC makes its permanent home at Fordham, I think I'll have to say goodbye to my seats.

I was coming from Court Square (Citibank building) got on the train about 6:20 and actually took a Lyft from the D stop to the field. We got in at the 10th minute.
Coming home we got the idea in our heads that the SBS would be easier and take the same amount of time - so we actually took the Bx9 to the Q44SBS to Main St (stop for Bubble Tea) and then the 7 train home. We left the stadium about 930-940, I got to my stop at 11:10.

If NYCFC makes its permanent home at Fordham, I think I'll have to say goodbye to my seats.
Don't think you have to worry about a permanent home at Fordham. After some of the antics last night, don't think you'll have to worry about going there again unless it's for school.

Reactions: joe and ldent42
Don't think you have to worry about a permanent home at Fordham. After some of the antics last night, don't think you'll have to worry about going there again unless it's for school.
Yea I don't see us getting invited back, particularly after the smoke + beverage throwing. There was about a half dozen uniformed police officers on the side by the merch stand at one point, guess our reputation preceded us.

Reactions: SKY and Goodfella
Came into New York from Washington, D.C. this afternoon via the Amtrak. It passed right near Red Bull Arena.

Two things I worked out.

One, it's a nice stadium

Two, it might as well be in Australia it seems that far from the city.
If it were in Australia it'd be worth visiting!

Reactions: ferrarinycfc
Anyone wonder if they'd strike a deal with Fordham? After tonight's crap game, couldn't help but think of how easy it was to get to that campus and stadium.
I wasn't at the game on Wednesday but you gotta consider a big difference between 7k+ fans and 20k+ fans.

Reactions: Kjbert
If Red Bull Arena felt like it might as well be in Australia,getting to MetLife Stadium felt like Antarctica !!

NYC needed that Westside rail stadium they proposed years ago but It's a Great stadium nevertheless.

Looking forward to Yankee Stadium today.

Reactions: CP_Scouse