Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I know...can't a man dream a little lol. In all seriousness...it would have make a lot of sense for the team and for the city to have had an open air stadium there. It's too bad.
I really think NY State has F'd up with this. Sure the new design is going to have some outdoor space, but the majority (by a vast amount) of the building is interior space - the type of which is used for conventions, meetings, presentations (I.e the focus is on the presenter and not on the land outside), and as such should not be occupying prime waterfront space. In the past NYC placed warehouses and highways on the water and it's taken decades to remove them for parkland. So if the state wants to dump a billion $$ or more into this, then do it somewhere else and activate the waterfront with something that utilizes the views, the air, and the proximity to the park. This is truly a missed opportunity... Fcking Albany....

I really think NY State has F'd up with this. Sure the new design is going to have some outdoor space, but the majority (by a vast amount) of the building is interior space - the type of which is used for conventions, meetings, presentations (I.e the focus is on the presenter and not on the land outside), and as such should not be occupying prime waterfront space. In the past NYC placed warehouses and highways on the water and it's taken decades to remove them for parkland. So if the state wants to dump a billion $$ or more into this, then do it somewhere else and activate the waterfront with something that utilizes the views, the air, and the proximity to the park. This is truly a missed opportunity... Fcking Albany....
Not that you're wrong. But where else were they going to put the new improved and expanded convention center based on (1) inertia - there's a convention center already there which makes rebuilding and expanding there easier than getting neighborhood buy-ins somewhere new, and (2) there's nowhere else seemingly available in Manhattan, and (3) received wisdom is that conventioneers won't want to go out to Flushing or Aqueduct etc.

Not that you're wrong. But where else were they going to put the new improved and expanded convention center based on (1) inertia - there's a convention center already there which makes rebuilding and expanding there easier than getting neighborhood buy-ins somewhere new, and (2) there's nowhere else seemingly available in Manhattan, and (3) received wisdom is that conventioneers won't want to go out to Flushing or Aqueduct etc.
Swap the current MSG location with Javits. Closer to hotels, restaurants, and transportation. Pay the city the Realestate taxes MSG has never done and it's a boon for the city. Allow CFG to build a monster complex on the water that houses soccer, hockey, and if they're lucky basketball (I still say Fck the Dolans). Hell, there could even be room for rec fields or at least passive park space over the hockey area and parking. Better to tear down and start fresh than to use duct tape to fix a problem. And many times it's cheaper to do so too with the advent of new technology and materials.

So I came back from the Bronx & Yankee Stadium after watching the Yankees play and this is what I know :

- Little Italy in the Bronx is far better than the one in Manhattan. Best cannoli I've had in the USA so far as well.

- The atmosphere at the NYCFC game was better. Nobody needs to tell the fans to "make noise"........

- In those 3 hours there were two events going on. The first was a baseball game, the second was how long people were willing to wait in line to eat all game !!

- NYCFC better put a roof on their stadium as it gets damn hot during the day here and it's not even that hot yet. This was probably why a lot of people headed for the concourse today.

If we make a good run into the playoffs does that improve our chances of swaying the city to be more interested in making this happen?

If we make a good run into the playoffs does that improve our chances of swaying the city to be more interested in making this happen?

No. Only thing that will help is bags of cash under a table. And not in an election year.

Reactions: Gene
Either way the better we do in the postseason the more people are going to pay attention to this team. Everybody loves a winner.

Unfortunately our playoffs coincide with Football season & baseball playoffs (prob only Mets this year). Unless both Jets and Giants start 0-4 & our baseball teams crap out, the city's sports pages will be preoccupied.