Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
To me by midgame it looks close to the same as last season. It seems like people have become more relaxed about arriving for the game on New York City time. Even though last season it still took time for folks to filter in, there probably was more of an urgency in season one to not miss anything pre-game and early game. This season it seems like it takes longer to fill up, which is no surprise.

I also think that the cold weather games and some strange day/times could have contributed. Again, in season one when the novelty is at full blast, those are less of an issue.

Finally, I did expect some drop off with the shiny new toy not being as shiny any more. But I don't think it is more than expected (at least based upon my expectations).

Last edited:
To me by midgame it looks close to the same as last season. It seems like people have become more relaxed about arriving for the game on New York City time. Even though last season it still took time for folks to filter in, there probably was more of an urgency in season one to not miss anything pre-game and early game. This season it seems like it takes longer to fill up, which is no surprise.

I also think that the cold weather games and some strange day/times could have contributed. Again, in season one when the novelty is at full blast, those are less of an issue.

Finally, I did except some drop off with the shiny new toy not being as shiny any more. But I don't think it is more than expected (at least based upon my expectations).
People know they can arrive late when normal games start 15min after the announced time and really important games start 30 min late.

Last year, the cold lasted until May. I can't remember a bad weather night.

Face it - the NYRB was a disaster both on the field and off. We're not drawing like we were last year. That's OK.

Putting the two "big tent" games aside, last year started off low and grew over the course of the season. We had several games in the low 20s in the first part of last year. By the end of the season, almost every game was high 20s to low 30s. I am a little surprised that we started slowly again this year given how well things were rolling at the end of last season. Again, putting aside the "big tent" games, we are a little behind last year, but we should have every expectation of attendance increasing as the season progresses. Ticket sales for Orlando are doing well, and we still have home games against New Jersey and Los Angeles.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Last year, the cold lasted until May. I can't remember a bad weather night.

Face it - the NJRB was a disaster both on the field and off. We're not drawing like we were last year. That's OK.
Can't attribute the drop in butts in seat to #RedBullWedding though, it just happened. Knock on effect? sure

Reactions: Ulrich
https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/4l3bh7/qa_session_w_vieira_mullins_and_patricof/

Saw this on Reddit so I thought I should post it. Interesting little bit on stadium news

Eh, not that much really. Patricof didn't give any specific site in his official answer and kind of only smiled and nodded when we all started chanting for Queens. The only real thing I can recall him saying that I hadn't heard before was that he "spends a significant portion of his time" on the search.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/4l3bh7/qa_session_w_vieira_mullins_and_patricof/

Saw this on Reddit so I thought I should post it. Interesting little bit on stadium news
I agree with NickFromAstoria NickFromAstoria -- at least some of what is said there is not accurate.
"Stadium Talk: So, take this with as much of a grain of salt as you will, I talked with one of the FO members before the whole event. He was super convinced that we'll have a stadium in 2-3 years and it will be in Queens. I'm pretty reliable and I'm on this sub a lot, but I can't vouch to the guys position in the FO or his credibility. Someone asked Patricof during the Q&A and he said he spends most of his time on the stadium and that there the spots in Queens are showing most feasibility. Oh and they aim to keep the stadium as big as they can build it."

I don't remember the italicized part at all. The private conversation bit - who knows? His report on the remaining topics matches what I saw, so i'm not sure why we diverge so much on the stadium.

To me by midgame it looks close to the same as last season. It seems like people have become more relaxed about arriving for the game on New York City time.

I've notice that too. We get there about an hour before kickoff for no other reason than to avoid the lines getting in. Since I'm not around to observe, are the lines still being slowed down due to the new ticketing arrangements, or have they straighten all the bugs out?

For no other reason than FYI:

Through seven home games:

2016: 187,915

2015: 188,314

Something actually relevant:

CFG is working with the City of Manchester to develop and build condos and housing there. Considering they'll likely have to do something like this to get a stadium deal done (see: Barclay's Center) it's a good sign. Though it's anyone's guess if it means anything for us.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/planning-manchester-earmarks-800m-of-projects-for-approval/
Barclay's Center promised a ton of housing and years later, not so much has been built.... I'm not sure if it'll ever be built in it's entirety..... That was a bait & switch development....

Barclay's Center promised a ton of housing and years later, not so much has been built.... I'm not sure if it'll ever be built in it's entirety..... That was a bait & switch development....
Well... some of it has been built. And Patricof played a role in negotiating those rights IIRC. (though a small role)

Reactions: Kjbert
Something actually relevant:

CFG is working with the City of Manchester to develop and build condos and housing there. Considering they'll likely have to do something like this to get a stadium deal done (see: Barclay's Center) it's a good sign. Though it's anyone's guess if it means anything for us.

https://www.placenorthwest.co.uk/news/planning-manchester-earmarks-800m-of-projects-for-approval/
I think Falastur has talked about this a lot. IIRC, the City of Manchester was all but desperate for investment and development in the city and so bent over backwards to let CFG spend its money. I've no doubt CFG is willing to do the same here, if perhaps on a different scale, but there a lot of other developers willing to play the same game and invest in NYC already, so . . . . .

Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan