Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Not NYCFC related, but interesting stadium news.

The Ft Lauderdale Strikers of the NASL are going to be leaving their home stadium of 40 years for this CRICKET stadium. We obviously get a lot of shit for playing in a baseball stadium, but this is on another level. Who even knew there was a cricket specific stadium in this country?

CentralBroward10_1ec8abc4-5056-b3a8-498880bfbed1b07d

It could always be worse. Look at at the state of some of the stadiums in the NASL. Strikers in a cricket park, Armada in a minor league baseball stadium, Cosmos in terrible situation at Hofstra (Probably moving into a baseball stadium with an artificial surface at MCU Park in Brooklyn) and Miami FC playing on one of the worst turf fields you'll ever see. Our situation isn't so bad in perspective.
Lockhart is such a dump an apparently this is much better stadium from what i've heard from their fans. Still going to look weird, especially if they have the camera facing the dead side lol.

Reactions: Kjbert
I've said it before, the Yankee stadium hate is all about NYCFC. If it were the Cosmos playing there averaging 30,000 in attendance they wouldn't be criticized for it

I've said it before, the Yankee stadium hate is all about NYCFC. If it were the Cosmos playing there averaging 30,000 in attendance they wouldn't be criticized for it
But D_RoyJenkins D_RoyJenkins they have a historical link there! Just like the Jets at Shea! That's why the Metrobulls are called New York!

Am I doing it right? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Maybe in the beginning. But we do have a real problem with the size of our pitch from playing there (that affects our team's playing style). I think that's where the conversation has turned when criticizing YS over the last season and a half.

Maybe in the beginning. But we do have a real problem with the size of our pitch from playing there (that affects our team's playing style). I think that's where the conversation has turned when criticizing YS over the last season and a half.
I still firmly believe that the "NYCFC can't play out of the back at Yankee stadium" view is a myth. We got dominated by the Crew in their stadium doing the same thing, it's always been about pressing. It took our back line awhile to get used to our playing style, now we're seeing them break through the high press which gives our midfielders a lot of space to operate.

I still firmly believe that the "NYCFC can't play out of the back at Yankee stadium" view is a myth. We got dominated by the Crew in their stadium doing the same thing, it's always been about pressing. It took our back line awhile to get used to our playing style, now we're seeing them break through the high press which gives our midfielders a lot of space to operate.

I think a smaller pitch puts our style under a microscope. We don't have a ton of players with a great first touch. You can potentially get away with that on a normal field, but for guys like Shelton, McNamara, RJ Allen, Mena, Saunders, etc., that extra space on a pitch allows them to get away with the ball drifting off their feet.

At Yankee Stadium, where the formations are more compact, that extra 18-24 inches given up by a bad touch is the difference between keeping possession and turning the ball over. My two cents. Which is why Iraola at CDM has been so important on the small pitch. He keeps possession, has a great first touch and doesn't have to cover as much ground on the small pitch.

Not NYCFC related, but interesting stadium news.

The Ft Lauderdale Strikers of the NASL are going to be leaving their home stadium of 40 years for this CRICKET stadium. We obviously get a lot of shit for playing in a baseball stadium, but this is on another level. Who even knew there was a cricket specific stadium in this country?

CentralBroward10_1ec8abc4-5056-b3a8-498880bfbed1b07d

It could always be worse. Look at at the state of some of the stadiums in the NASL. Strikers in a cricket park, Armada in a minor league baseball stadium, Cosmos in terrible situation at Hofstra (Probably moving into a baseball stadium with an artificial surface at MCU Park in Brooklyn) and Miami FC playing on one of the worst turf fields you'll ever see. Our situation isn't so bad in perspective.
Why in the ever loving rat fuck would we count ourselves lucky in comparison relative to a shithole beer league? I will not take solace based upon being better off than the people down the block sleeping outside Port Authority. That's not my baseline.

Now that it's over - can you tell us the documents you were waiting on?

Reactions: adam
Lockhart is such a dump an apparently this is much better stadium from what i've heard from their fans. Still going to look weird, especially if they have the camera facing the dead side lol.
Ahh, good old Lockhart. First MLS soccer specific stadium. I used to go to every Miami fusion game there with my dad. Going to try to get my jersey signed by Pablo mastreoni in a few weeks.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
The answer is somewhere in between incompetence and deception. I got the answer today. I'm getting absolutely nothing. Back to square 1. Except I've wasted a few months. Cheers everyone! Enjoy your weekends.
Just to be clear is it just you getting info that's back to square 1 or is the stadium search back to square one??? I sure know which one I hope it is!!!