• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Maybe you're referring to my post. Yes!

I'll have more information in a week and a half. I don't exactly know what information I'll have, but I'll have something and will let you know as soon as I can.

Does the Stadium information you will be able to tell us have anything to do with the Community Initiative press conference with the Mayor?

Reactions: Goodfella
Does the Stadium information you will be able to tell us have anything to do with the Community Initiative press conference with the Mayor?

I got a call about attending the initiative press conference. I was told explicitly that it was not a stadium announcement.

Reactions: NYCFCfan and adam
Are Nick Chavez Nick Chavez and Empire of Soccer fighting on twitter over the stadium thread?

No, Dave Martinez and I are friends. Always on good terms. I was arguing with his NYCFC beat writer Christian Araos because I thought his "No progress on NYCFC's search for a stadium" headline was misleading, and certainly not true. I mean, his own piece quoted Reyna as saying, "There are positive inroads being made"... sounds like progress to me. He just didn't want to talk to the press about the details, which makes sense. Also, from my own sources, that "no progress" claim definitely isn't the case.

Anyways, when I mentioned that to him, he got pissed and implied that I had no sources. For that reason, and that reason only, I showed him my tweet that broke the "50 pitches in underserved neighborhoods" story (or details of it) 3 hours before NYT, and before anyone else, just to underscore that clearly I *do* have sources.

Then he got pissed and called me a "so-called journalist" a couple times and tried to lecture me about how a "real" journalist behaves, or whatever, and finally accused me of "stealing" the details about the 50 pitches I tweeted from this very forum. So, I told him off, and he wasn't man enough to retract his false accusation and apologize, as expected.

That's all that happened. The whole stupid conversation can be seen for all on twitter. He had a total melt-down because I questioned his headline. And journalists are always telling me to "have thick skin" and "accept criticism" respectfully. I guess they didn't teach ol' Christian Araos that in J-school.

Last edited: