• Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
NYCFC by Frank Gehry coming up.
Hell no!!!!! The exterior would look amazing for a few years until sheets of metal start falling on pedestrians below. And his designs spend the entire construction budget (plus about 200% more) on the exterior and completely whiff on the interior.

Now if was Calatrava, then we could be in business!

Reactions: JayH
Hell no!!!!! The exterior would look amazing for a few years until sheets of metal start falling on pedestrians below. And his designs spend the entire construction budget (plus about 200% more) on the exterior and completely whiff on the interior.

Now if was Calatrava, then we could be in business!

After the Oculus, could even CFG afford Calatrava?

Yankees ask for $1 billion in tax exempt bonds.

http://thenycfcnation.sportsblog.co...quests--1-04-billion-in-tax-exempt-bonds.html

TL;DR - The Yankees say they want to use some of the money to help refinance their old bonds, but also say they'll create 2k new jobs with the money. I don't think they're hiring a 2k new accountants or tax attorneys. Sound the hype klaxons.

But in all seriousness, while there's no big red text saying "STADIUM INCOMING" when the part owners ask for $1 billion in bonds, I think it's worth discussing.

The NYC IDA is where big businesses go to ask the city for help in acquiring land and/or construction of a large project. The caveat being it has to benefit the city in upwards of $1 million and provide jobs to New Yorkers. So this isn't where your local bodega will go because they want to put in a new fridge, this is where the Yankees went to the first time to get their stadium money. I'm cautiously optimistic this means something, though you guys can all go to the public hearing and quiz them about it yourselves.

I've read through the article now. Interesting that they are trying to get public backing for this. I can't imagine it will be received well. Even if the revenue is tied to NYCFC games, how will De Blasio approve of this when he cant get his public housing built? I'm not too bullish on all of this being approved. I am 100% convinced that this has everything to do with an NYCFC stadium.

In June, the debt on Yankee Stadium was upgraded (that's a good thing if you want to introduce more debt). From what I can see, the debt has an interest rate of 7%. If they get approval to re-finance their existing debt and take out new debt, the interest rate is probably closer to 4%, even with a BBB rating. They could almost cut their debt service in half. On the original debt, I think the overall interest payments were going to total about $900 Million. You could take on more debt, retire the old bonds, get more attractive financing terms, fix the cost and still end up paying only $600 Million in financing costs over the time period. The interest savings alone could pay for a state of the art $300 Million Soccer Specific Stadium.

It's great business if they can get away with it. With projects of this magnitude, being revenue bonds and the low interest rate environment, this makes all the sense in the world.

My concern is that the city won't oblige. If that's the case, you are looking at the two teams using different credit structures with higher interest charges. This is a step in the right direction. I just don't see how the city gets on board.

I honestly wonder how many seasons the upper management can survive to not manage to procure a piece of land. I have to imagine the fan-base is only going to be able to tolerate another two to three seasons at most without any significant news towards a stadium, no?

Think how sad we will all be when
I had a dream last night where I came to the forum and this thread was locked because we finally built a SSS and we could lay all this speculation to rest. I don't even know anymore man...
Think how sad we will all be when we won't be able to click on this thread with anticipation.

Reactions: Kjbert and LionNYC
LAFC announced Banc of California (yes, I spelled it correctly) as their stadium sponsor. We know that if/when we built a SSS that Etihad will be our stadium sponsor. That being said, if it wasn't, who would you want as the sponsor? This likely has been discussed probably 120-150 pages ago, but it's been some time since then...

Still wanting on that table of contents, NYCFC Intern!

LAFC announced Banc of California (yes, I spelled it correctly) as their stadium sponsor. We know that if/when we built a SSS that Etihad will be our stadium sponsor. That being said, if it wasn't, who would you want as the sponsor? This likely has been discussed probably 120-150 pages ago, but it's been some time since then...

Still wanting on that table of contents, NYCFC Intern!
Is it really locked in that Eithad will be our stadium sponsor and our kit sponsor for the foreseeable future?

Is it really locked in that Eithad will be our stadium sponsor and our kit sponsor for the foreseeable future?

If we see a change at Man City or Melbourne City, or unless someone makes a big enough bid, we're locked into Etihad. Not only have they sponsored us, they are a sponsored of MLS. They're committed to American advertising.

Reactions: Kjbert and Bane
If we see a change at Man City or Melbourne City, or unless someone makes a big enough bid, we're locked into Etihad. Not only have they sponsored us, they are a sponsored of MLS. They're committed to American advertising.
That's fine with me, but I rather see some ACTUAL stadium news first. ):