Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
Why are we using Avaya as the standard again? It should at LEAST be RBA.
Because it overruns all four edges of the site and can't possibly fit.
GAL%20site%20-%20Red%20Bull%20Arena.jpg

Reactions: Kjbert
Because it overruns all four edges of the site and can't possibly fit.
GAL%20site%20-%20Red%20Bull%20Arena.jpg
Which is why I believe are only hope is the elimination of garages is to curry favor to get us land in another area.

Since Metro North probably won't give up the easement for that walkway, I wonder if you could just build a stand that directly overhangs the walkway/station - or even incorporates it, so you could just enter directly from the station?

(Design speculation is the best speculation!)
I've been wondering if the answer - for this or any site - is a bunch of polygonal stands. Each opposing side won't match, not just that one may be massive vs the opposite short/shallow, but also that the height of the stand isn't horizontal - in a basic sense, like a 30/60/90 triangle with the stands rising to an apex on one side - but obviously more complex than a triangle so there isn't one person sitting at the top all by their lonesome :)

And there is precedent in the city to build over infrastructure- the NY Presbyterian Hospital et al straddles the FDR. With our situation, it may be more complicated since the MTA would have a say, not just City Zoning and Dept of Buildings.

NYCFC will not announce the stadium until it's built and opened for the first game. There's going to be construction in some part of the city for a soccer stadium and we're all going to be "Is that ours?"
But oh how excited the Kosmos fans would be if a stadium was being built and nobody knew the owner. They'd claim that to be the ultimate grassroots creation.

I've been wondering if the answer - for this or any site - is a bunch of polygonal stands. Each opposing side won't match, not just that one may be massive vs the opposite short/shallow, but also that the height of the stand isn't horizontal - in a basic sense, like a 30/60/90 triangle with the stands rising to an apex on one side - but obviously more complex than a triangle so there isn't one person sitting at the top all by their lonesome :)

And there is precedent in the city to build over infrastructure- the NY Presbyterian Hospital et al straddles the FDR. With our situation, it may be more complicated since the MTA would have a say, not just City Zoning and Dept of Buildings.

I'd be totally fine with that. The old stadiums that had to be adapted to odd blocks (Fenway, Ebbets, etc.) always seem to have the most charm.

I don't understand why it's being debated for probably the third or fourth time whether a stadium could fit at the parking garage/GAL site. The club had an actual proposal for a 25-30,000 seat stadium for the site. They were aware that it would require the parking garage as well as the land occupied by the highway ramp and the GAL factory. (NYT: Soccer Club’s Latest Stadium Proposal Would Give the Yankees a New Neighbor 8/29/13).

It would be a 10-acre footprint. (Politico: Negotiations over soccer site stall as city looks elsewhere 8/20/14).

To the people who think there is no way to fit a stadium at this location: you think that they pushed for this for over a year, without having ever giving design or construction planning a thought, and then what, an intern shared the a link to the forums' google maps and then CFG was like damn nevermind?

Regardless of the location of the stadium, I'd like them to build a nice moat around the stadium for aesthetics and visuals for the area...also so I'll be right about Etihad Island.

I don't understand why it's being debated for probably the third or fourth time whether a stadium could fit at the parking garage/GAL site. The club had an actual proposal for a 25-30,000 seat stadium for the site. They were aware that it would require the parking garage as well as the land occupied by the highway ramp and the GAL factory. (NYT: Soccer Club’s Latest Stadium Proposal Would Give the Yankees a New Neighbor 8/29/13).

It would be a 10-acre footprint. (Politico: Negotiations over soccer site stall as city looks elsewhere 8/20/14).

To the people who think there is no way to fit a stadium at this location: you think that they pushed for this for over a year, without having ever giving design or construction planning a thought, and then what, an intern shared the a link to the forums' google maps and then CFG was like damn nevermind?
Well if we don't have to worry about the ramp that makes things fit a bit better. You're still going to have train tracks going directly under the stadium though. When that 3:35 express flies through in the middle of the first half and basically earthquakes the pitch that may present a few other problems though. Just a thought. Maybe they could schedule in a few water-break-style breaks timed to match the train schedule.

Well if we don't have to worry about the ramp that makes things fit a bit better. You're still going to have train tracks going directly under the stadium though. When that 3:35 express flies through in the middle of the first half and basically earthquakes the pitch that may present a few other problems though. Just a thought. Maybe they could schedule in a few water-break-style breaks timed to match the train schedule.

Doesn't seem to affect MSG