Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
I won't speak for Falastur Falastur, but the way I read his post, CFG Stadium Group LLC 'means nothing' in that it is not indicative of an impending stadium deal. The corporation has existed since before NYCFC was announced, and only represents the very broad effort of CFG to secure a stadium, nothing concrete

I won't speak for Falastur Falastur, but the way I read his post, CFG Stadium Group LLC 'means nothing' in that it is not indicative of an impending stadium deal. The corporation has existed since before NYCFC was announced, and only represents the very broad effort of CFG to secure a stadium, nothing concrete

Ah, that's a fair interpretation. In that case, we're all on the same page then - it's simply the corporate entity used for anything stadium-related.

Also, not sure if this is related to either the Flushing site or the GAL site, but has it specifically be referenced before that CFG got to the point where they were negotiating a MOU with NYC "for the financing, construction, development and build-out of a new soccer stadium"?

One of the law firms that CFG employed: http://www.herrick.com/matters/cfg-stadium-group-soccer-stadium-development/

Reactions: Paul
Also, not sure if this is related to either the Flushing site or the GAL site, but has it specifically be referenced before that CFG got to the point where they were negotiating a MOU with NYC "for the financing, construction, development and build-out of a new soccer stadium"?

One of the law firms that CFG employed: http://www.herrick.com/matters/cfg-stadium-group-soccer-stadium-development/

I'd wager it was probably GAL - that one seemed a lot closer to completion than Flushing Meadows did.

Reactions: danger
Don't know if this has been discussed (where's that table of contents NYCFC intern?!?!?), but what are people's thoughts on having a retractable roof? For soccer purposes we don't necessarily need it since soccer is played in all weather conditions (excluding lightning). However, for the stadium's use year round it may be beneficial to have it.

Don't know if this has been discussed (where's that table of contents NYCFC intern?!?!?), but what are people's thoughts on having a retractable roof? For soccer purposes we don't necessarily need it since soccer is played in all weather conditions (excluding lightning). However, for the stadium's use year round it may be beneficial to have it.
If so I would like it to be similar to the Falcons. Also if we get the fresh direct location, a stadium with a smaller stands behind one goal with midtown in the background would look great with sliding glass doors to open up like the Florida Marlins have.

I would think a retractable roof would be cost-prohibitive. That's what happened to Yankee Stadium, the roof would have substantially added to the cost, and they decided it wasn't worth it.

That's pretty much exactly what I meant, yeah.

I would think a retractable roof would be cost-prohibitive. That's what happened to Yankee Stadium, the roof would have substantially added to the cost, and they decided it wasn't worth it.

Same with MetLife. That was originally going to have a roof and the place still cost a billion dollars.

Reactions: Kjbert
The scaled aerial image-drop renderings here have been great guys, but we need to step up our game. Someone get me a scaled Minecraft version of the GAL site so I can go and poke around...

Same with MetLife. That was originally going to have a roof and the place still cost a billion dollars.

Yeah, but we have CFG money

Maybe we need to make a Claim Chowder thread to keep things like this handy so we can come back in a few years and check on them.

I will bet you a season ticket subscription that we will not have a stadium (or an authentic and accepted plan for one) in New York City in the next 5 years at least (or name a serious period of years). There needs to be newly elected officials for it to even to gain any real momentum. Both on city and state levels.

I will bet you a season ticket subscription that we will not have a stadium (or an authentic and accepted plan for one) in New York City in the next 5 years at least (or name a serious period of years). There needs to be newly elected officials for it to even to gain any real momentum. Both on city and state levels.

2017 de Blasio is out of office. How about 5 years from the inauguration of a new mayor?

If you want to pay for one of my two Pitchside seats for a season, I'd be more than willing to take that deal...

Wrong.

Reactions: Kjbert
That's very different from what you originally said though. You said we would *never* get a stadium. I'm not sure 5 years is enough to go from zero (that we know of) to finished stadium, but there's got to at least be plans for one by then I would think.

That's very different from what you originally said though. You said we would *never* get a stadium. I'm not sure 5 years is enough to go from zero (that we know of) to finished stadium, but there's got to at least be plans for one by then I would think.
It can be done in 5 years from zero to finished.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Do you want to PM me? I'm willing to take a bet. We can work out the mechanics.