Votes: 113 34.8%
  • Long Island

Votes: 7 2.2%
  • Dual-Boroughs

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • Etihad Island

Votes: 5 1.5%

• Total voters
So I was involved in a City Voice live chat focus group tonight. If you used City Voice you know that Chris is the front office moderator. We have confirmation! He may not be the NYCFC Intern that catalogs our conversations here and reports to Claudio, Patrick, and John, but it's something. THEY DO READ THE FORUMS!

View attachment 5761
Ughhhh I was without internet so I couldn't get in to this. But glad to know they have someone who reads this.

Hey front office guy, when do playoff tickets go on sale?

Reactions: Kjbert
Ughhhh I was without internet so I couldn't get in to this. But glad to know they have someone who reads this.

Hey front office guy, when do playoff tickets go on sale?

Actually I asked someone about this at the training session and we'll get an email with updates before we clinch a spot in the playoffs. And like auto-renewal for the regular season if you're a season ticket holder unless you tell the club otherwise they'll charge your card for the game.

But back to the stadium thread discussion...Etihad Island! Honestly if we started on that route when the club was founded, we'd probably have as good of a stadium with all the important things as equivalent as good on land in the five boroughs.

Looking back on it Pier 40 is depressing the hell out of me. I mean that thing is a dingleberry on Manhattan island.

Yeah, but would you want to be tasked with writing a weekly briefing on the important posts and concepts??? That could drive the intern mad. How about trying to condense the stadium thread as a memo? Poor intern is probably heavy on the bottle when cranking up the iPad to read.

Might be the easiest briefing ever, you just have to change the date:

[Insert Date]

Primary updates from the NYCFC forums:

1. Posters are still very interested in an update on the stadium.

Interview with Garber on SI.

Has New York City FC, now in its second season at Yankee Stadium, made any progress on a home of its own?

“NYCFC is a great MLS team. It’s proven that the [New York] market can support two clubs. The Red Bulls are better because NYCFC is in town. More people care about the sport in a very important city. The rivalry breaks through the professional sports clutter in the Tri-State area. Both teams are performing very well competitively. Both teams have focused academy and development programs. Both have great commercial partners. And we waited many, many years for the Red Bulls to get their stadium situation resolved and it’s going to take quite some time in the case of NYCFC. But they are laser focused on it."

FOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!

Has New York City FC, now in its second season at Yankee Stadium, made any progress on a home of its own?

“NYCFC is a great MLS team. It’s proven that the [New York] market can support two clubs. The Red Bulls are better because NYCFC is in town. More people care about the sport in a very important city. The rivalry breaks through the professional sports clutter in the Tri-State area. Both teams are performing very well competitively. Both teams have focused academy and development programs. Both have great commercial partners. And we waited many, many years for the Red Bulls to get their stadium situation resolved and it’s going to take quite some time in the case of NYCFC. But they are laser focused on it."

FOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!
At this rate maybe we can host the 2026 World Cup for our opening match.

FOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKK!

Wow is there any more round about, verbose way to say unfortunately no progress?

LASER FOCUSED, BRO!
hqdefault.jpg

Wow is there any more round about, verbose way to say unfortunately no progress?

Translation of Garber's response:

"My decision to put a second team in NY was genius, the teams are doing great, its the best rivalry in MLS, look at this amazing success, and oh yeah they haven't a clue at a stadium but let's not focus on that." (Garber then leans back and puffs on his Cohiba)

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Translation of Garber's response:

"My decision to put a second team in NY was genius, the teams are doing great, its the best rivalry in MLS, look at this amazing success, and oh yeah they haven't a clue at a stadium but let's not focus on that." (Garber then leans back and puffs on his Cohiba)

LASER. FOCUS.
laser-arrow.jpg

Reactions: EganSoccerWords