Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Why? Take the train into grand central, jump on the 7 for one stop and you're there. Pretty sweet for those people if you ask me.
You're right. I'm just thinking of doing it with a kids in tow, that's all. Adds a half hour each direction to the trip. It's better than BK or Flushing Meadows.

However, I doubt this is an option, but they are supposed to be working on getting New Haven line trains into Penn and the path runs through Queens. Not sure how close to the site or if a stop would be possible but it would be great. It uses existing Amtrak tracks.

http://web.mta.info/mta/planning/psas/pdf/PennAccess_MTAweb.pdf

Not so good for driving though. Train (nearly) perfect, but for those with multiple family members the train will add up.

For this LI guy, I have no problem driving there. And any queens or Brooklyn person as well. For westchester, it's probably the same 50 mins it takes me to get to YS right now. Not too bad, game times never really coincide with heavy traffic times.

If anyone feels like hearing unsubstantiated rumor mill stuff ...

I heard last night from someone who, based on his position I'd think would be knowledgable, that Fresh Direct really is the location, that it was bought by a Yankee shell corporation, and the announcement is being held until after the next Mayoral election for political purposes.

I can't say more. Do with it what you will.

What would mass transit options be from 34th/42nd in Manhattan to that location ?
Well shit, now I'll never be able to move. I'm 2 street blocks from Hudson Yards stop.

March to the Match from Penn Station to the Ferry? That's pretty bad ass.

IF a stadium would be built there, I'm sure they could add a dock for ferries right outside.
They may have to schedule a boat the size of the Staten Island ferry otherwise there could be a significant wait.

Reactions: Kjbert
If anyone feels like hearing unsubstantiated rumor mill stuff ...

I heard last night from someone who, based on his position I'd think would be knowledgable, that Fresh Direct really is the location, that it was bought by a Yankee shell corporation, and the announcement is being held until after the next Mayoral election for political purposes.

I can't say more. Do with it what you will.

Interesting, I heard last night from someone that we already acquired the GAL location and the stadium will be in the Bronx. That company is moving it's offices and we're building a stadium on that lot.

But who knows what's really happening? In the meantime, we're all distracted by our chances to win the MLS Cup. Shiny objects will distract this thread.

Interesting, I heard last night from someone that we already acquired the GAL location and the stadium will be in the Bronx. That company is moving it's offices and we're building a stadium on that lot.

But who knows what's really happening? In the meantime, we're all distracted by our chances to win the MLS Cup. Shiny objects will distract this thread.
still the best option and my favored one as well

This would be my ideal solution. I think the Bronx is a perfect location in terms of transit. You have Metro North / Subway / Highway w/ parking.

Interesting, I heard last night from someone that we already acquired the GAL location and the stadium will be in the Bronx.

It's possible there's some kind of preliminary agreement for the GAL site, but the last entry in the property records is still from 2007 so the deed has yet to actually change hands.

Reactions: Kjbert
Heh heh heh.... Architecture is really into the prefab realm of construction since a greater level of precision can be had in a shop environment. I'm not suggesting this will happen but it would be a fcking thing of beauty if a majority of the stadium above the foundation was premade out in steel country Pennsylvania (or NY if we have/had it) and once the site is green-lighted the steel sections start rolling in on flatbed trucks to be put together like an erector set so the electrical/plumbing can be laid and concrete can be poured. Cut the construction time down by a third or more and make good on getting into our new home quickly.

Daydreaming after a big win is so cathartic!!!