Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If they're willing to do all the work then it would definitely be a sweet spot. Can confirm, though, that it is about a 10 minute walk from any of the nearby subway lines. There are quite a few bars and restaurants nearby, but they're all a few blocks south on Vernon.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
I've liked this site for the stadium and it ticks all the boxes. Adjacent DOE site could be made available for the right price. The city is already trying to redevelop that pier area too. Only downsides are: a bit far from the subway and it's far enough that it would kill CT and Upstate fans.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7498065,-73.9486005,290a,20y,284.41h,54.35t/data=!3m1!1e3
Well I don't like that...

Edit: Wow the view is pretty, I would be willing to take a couple of trains and get a good walk in to be at a stadium with that view

From White Plains (major metro hub in Westchester County) to that site is probably 80 minutes one way if you catch all the trains right. You would be better off driving. From Stamford (major metro hub in Fairfield County) to that site is probably 95 minutes one way if you catch all the trains right.

Claudio Reyna quote about the new training facility: “Orangeburg is a great location, not too far from New York City and where we play at Yankee Stadium."

http://www.nycfc.com/post/2016/10/07/claudio-reyna-we-ll-go-another-level

They want the training facility close to the stadium. This indicates the Bronx (and Columbia Inwood) are the options NYCFC is looking at for the future site.

Or perhaps this instead indicates that Yankee stadium will be our home for the foreseeable future.....

Reactions: Kjbert
If anyone feels like hearing unsubstantiated rumor mill stuff ...

I heard last night from someone who, based on his position I'd think would be knowledgable, that Fresh Direct really is the location, that it was bought by a Yankee shell corporation, and the announcement is being held until after the next Mayoral election for political purposes.

I can't say more. Do with it what you will.

I heard last night from someone who, based on his position I'd think would be knowledgable, that Fresh Direct really is the location, that it was bought by a Yankee shell corporation, and the announcement is being held until after the next Mayoral election for political purposes.

giphy.gif

What would mass transit options be from 34th/42nd in Manhattan to that location ?