Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While I'm a complete novice I did measure the dimensions of the Red Bulls stadium and it's roughly 500' x 700'. You could fit a soccer stadium of that size on the parking garage/GAL land. Of course you'd have to eliminate 153 street.
Look through the past 345 pages of this thread for accurate dimensions. We're still waiting on a table of contents from Chris at NYCFC or an Intern...
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-204#post-120558

600 x 450 is about the max size you could work into the GAL site without infrastructure work (Yankee stadium Deegan exit; Metro North station and tracks; elevated walkway to MN station), and that's assuming you can absorb all of the street northwest of where the I87 exit lets out.

GAL site could work but is plainly inferior to the Fresh Direct site from a mass transit perspective. It's the difference between being at the hub of the wheel, and way out on one of the spokes. Fresh Direct is one notch from the hub; GAL is about 15. And make no mistake, with LIRR East Side Access project, Grand Central is THE hub-- both NY commuter rail lines, and the 7 connecting West side and East side subway lines straight to the stadium.

600 x 450 is about the max size you could work into the GAL site without infrastructure work (Yankee stadium Deegan exit; Metro North station and tracks; elevated walkway to MN station), and that's assuming you can absorb all of the street northwest of where the I87 exit lets out.

GAL site could work but is plainly inferior to the Fresh Direct site from a mass transit perspective. It's the difference between being at the hub of the wheel, and way out on one of the spokes. Fresh Direct is one notch from the hub; GAL is about 15. And make no mistake, with LIRR East Side Access project, Grand Central is THE hub-- both NY commuter rail lines, and the 7 connecting West side and East side subway lines straight to the stadium.

100 x likes. Also, the view...

Reactions: FootyLovin

Post of the Fresh Direct site
http://nycfcforums.com/index.php?threads/stadium-discussion.21/page-232#post-129673

I'm gathering up a list of these posts for an index. Might also put them all on a single web page as well just to have them all in one spot.

The only way we could realistically do that is to hijack the first post in the thread, which - given it wasn't made by Dan or I - we'd probably rather not do.
So strongarm Gene Gene with whatever the you need to do (give him 1000 dan bucks/pts) so that he'll let you hijack post #1. The index is the only thing that will keep the stadium threads' time/space continuum in check and us from infinitely going in circles.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
According to his profile he hasn't logged in since the 22nd of September. There's still every chance he'll return, but it's even less reason for me to want to just force an index into one of his posts.

Fabio has the 3rd post. Want to take one for the team buddy?

Reactions: Kjbert
One day maybe one day, we'll build something as nice as this
https://imgur.com/a/I3Uzk

Imagine this, except in sky blue
jWFk3y7.jpg

One day maybe one day, we'll build something as nice as this
https://imgur.com/a/I3Uzk

Imagine this, except in sky blue
jWFk3y7.jpg
This is a beautiful stadium, no doubt, but if the stadium is at the Fresh Direct location, this design would surely negate what would be one of the most iconic views in all of sports: The NYC skyline!

This is a beautiful stadium, no doubt, but if the stadium is at the Fresh Direct location, this design would surely negate what would be one of the most iconic views in all of sports: The NYC skyline!

I wonder how they would highlight the view, while at the same time enclosing the stands for optimal viewing, protection from the elements and crowd noise...

Reactions: Kjbert