Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Interesting, I heard last night from someone that we already acquired the GAL location and the stadium will be in the Bronx. That company is moving it's offices and we're building a stadium on that lot.

But who knows what's really happening? In the meantime, we're all distracted by our chances to win the MLS Cup. Shiny objects will distract this thread.
I don't think my info changes this at all. For me it was more a reminder that the prevailing wisdom that was starting to coalesce around the GAL location might just have a little competition.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think the Bronx is a perfect location in terms of transit. You have Metro North / Subway / Highway w/ parking.
You only think that because you have a Westchester POV.

A single subway stop from midtown is extraordinary from a public transit standpoint. The driving is the same as Bronx only favoring a different geographic segment.

And the kicker is the view of midtown that would make this stadium a potentially world class site as opposed to just another stadium somewhere if located in the Bronx.

Heh heh heh.... Architecture is really into the prefab realm of construction since a greater level of precision can be had in a shop environment. I'm not suggesting this will happen but it would be a fcking thing of beauty if a majority of the stadium above the foundation was premade out in steel country Pennsylvania (or NY if we have/had it) and once the site is green-lighted the steel sections start rolling in on flatbed trucks to be put together like an erector set so the electrical/plumbing can be laid and concrete can be poured. Cut the construction time down by a third or more and make good on getting into our new home quickly.

Daydreaming after a big win is so cathartic!!!

More and more, the steel is being fabricated in Rockland County.

Reactions: Ulrich
Heh heh heh.... Architecture is really into the prefab realm of construction since a greater level of precision can be had in a shop environment. I'm not suggesting this will happen but it would be a fcking thing of beauty if a majority of the stadium above the foundation was premade out in steel country Pennsylvania (or NY if we have/had it) and once the site is green-lighted the steel sections start rolling in on flatbed trucks to be put together like an erector set so the electrical/plumbing can be laid and concrete can be poured. Cut the construction time down by a third or more and make good on getting into our new home quickly.

Insert favorite stadium here:
giphy.gif

I feel like DC would hijack the shipment and steal our stadium for themselves.

I was in Houston on Wednesday night and drove past their stadium. I had only seen it on TV before (where it looks bland).

It's absolutely beautiful in person. Maybe it's the orange all over the inside, but the architecture is gorgeous.

Reactions: NickA and JayH
I was in Houston on Wednesday night and drove past their stadium. I had only seen it on TV before (where it looks bland).

It's absolutely beautiful in person. Maybe it's the orange all over the inside, but the architecture is gorgeous.
I've heard it looks great at night.
The negative thing about that place is that it has so many club seats on the tv side. It being Texas, many of those seat holders prefer to watch the match from the club, leaving their seats empty. Even during a sell-out, you see plenty of orange seats and i've heard the atmosphere is fairly dull because of this.

I've heard it looks great at night.
The negative thing about that place is that it has so many club seats on the tv side. It being Texas, many of those seat holders prefer to watch the match from the club, leaving their seats empty. Even during a sell-out, you see plenty of orange seats and i've heard the atmosphere is fairly dull because of this.
And there's that brass band.

Float it down the Hudson. The ultimate March to the Match.

Reactions: Kjbert and Ulrich
Besides Manhattan...GAL is the best option hands down. I haven't had any issues in the 2 years getting to the Bronx via car or train.

Just looking on Google Maps... It would appear that if they're going to build at GAL they would relocate the 153rd street exit ramp off the Deegan, remove the parking garage and use some of heritage field. They also have to contend with the Metro North stop.

Just looking on Google Maps... It would appear that if they're going to build at GAL they would relocate the 153rd street exit ramp off the Deegan, remove the parking garage and use some of heritage field. They also have to contend with the Metro North stop.
Heritage Field is untouchable in my opinion as that was part of the giveback to the community in the new YS deal. Spot on with your other points.

Heritage Field is untouchable in my opinion as that was part of the giveback to the community in the new YS deal. Spot on with your other points.

While I'm a complete novice I did measure the dimensions of the Red Bulls stadium and it's roughly 500' x 700'. You could fit a soccer stadium of that size on the parking garage/GAL land. Of course you'd have to eliminate 153 street.

While I'm a complete novice I did measure the dimensions of the Red Bulls stadium and it's roughly 500' x 700'. You could fit a soccer stadium of that size on the parking garage/GAL land. Of course you'd have to eliminate 153 street.

Look through the past 345 pages of this thread for accurate dimensions. We're still waiting on a table of contents from Chris at NYCFC or an Intern...