Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What about this thing? Maybe it could be a stadium?
View attachment 6261

It's only 1.2 earth miles from transportation.
View attachment 6262

Hey wait. What's that?
View attachment 6263

Enhance it a little, baby.
View attachment 6264

It's perfect!
View attachment 6265
giphy.gif

Ever heard of a little something called HOPE? OR DESPERATION!

We're never going to get a stadium, are we? :(
I said it somewhere in the double digit pages of this thread.

The best stadium idea would be a combined NFL/MLS stadium in a developed Sunnyside Yards that can be used to host a World Cup match as well as big international matches.

It should be ready by the 2026 World Cup.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
I said it somewhere in the double digit pages of this thread.

The best stadium idea would be a combined NFL/MLS stadium in a developed Sunnyside Yards that can be used to host a World Cup match as well as big international matches.

It should be ready by the 2026 World Cup.

Only way that happens is if the Jets move out of MetLife Stadium. They have about 25 years to breakeven on that property before they could leave the shared arrangement with the Giants and find their own stadium. If the Jets actually sold out every game, then maybe that breakeven point is 20 years, but that's the hurdle there.

Reactions: adam
Dammit, Lion, we almost made it to two weeks.

I WAS NOT MADE AWARE OF THIS.

I WILL REFRAIN FROM POSTING ON THIS TREAD UNTIL 12/16/2016 AT 5:19:00 PM.

TWO WEEKS! STARTING NOW!
Could we interest you in three weeks?

Well, it has been officially three weeks and 22 minutes since my last post on this thread...

And Sheikh Mansour has personally told me that our stadium will be announced on Tuesday, December 27. /s

Last edited:
That is so far from any speedy public transit, the F&G trains are slow, that people will need to start their commute hours ahead of time and hope the MTA hasn't shut down the line each weekend for repairs. The streets in the neighborhood cannot handle elevated levels of traffic without causing huge congestion. Sitting next to the Gowanus Canal (a SuperFund Site), it's also likely to be contaminated soil which would require a monster remediation before real construction starts.
The F is not that slow. It only takes ~20 minutes to get from 7th Ave to the express trains at Broadway Lafayette.

Reactions: MumonA