Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This all makes me think of Sunnyside Yards again. Maybe we ought to bite the bullet and put the 10+ years of effort into making that our home. I imagine the only way we could ever build a stadium there is if we also built a lot of housing and some parks and a public school and probably a bunch of other stuff that would be tacked on by people before they actually let us build so I imagine it would be a very long time before we actually had a stadium. Still as time goes by I wonder if we'll still be looking for sites when Donald Trump exits office. At what point do we stop killing time hoping that a location will pop up and take the first step down this admittedly difficult and incredibly long path?
I'm sure it's easier said than done but if it can be done then I think it's worth thinking about.

This also makes the think of that guy with Poku as his profile pic that's always saying that we'll never get to build a stadium. Could be true, you know.

Reactions: Kjbert
President Trump decides that the United States leaves the United Nations. The United Nations decides to leave the United States. All of the buildings are knocked down and the the land is up for grabs. CFG swipes in and gets it for a stadium/affordable housing/complex.

I'm not sure even Patricif would think a stadium/affordable housing on a parcel of riverfront property on the East Side of Manhattan is a good idea.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Can't recall if this was previously discussed in earlier pages but...

Could a new Madison Square Garden and soccer specific stadium be built together on the same parcel of land where the US Post Office building is current (across the street from the current MSG)?

Or, even crazier, could a shared stadium for soccer, basketball, and hockey (and concerts, etc.) be built? It would obviously have a retractable roof.

Could a new Madison Square Garden and soccer specific stadium be built together on the same parcel of land where the US Post Office building is current (across the street from the current MSG)?

Or, even crazier, could a shared stadium for soccer, basketball, and hockey (and concerts, etc.) be built? It would obviously have a retractable roof.

I remember seeing a rendering for something like that on here. It was for a Russian multi-use stadium. Intern?

Reactions: NYCFCfan and Kjbert

I remember seeing a rendering for something like that on here. It was for a Russian multi-use stadium. Intern?
The MSG discussion took place the same time as the Javits Center megatropolis of sports. Pretty sure the Post Office is slated for a new Penn Station if/when that ever happens.

Reactions: adam

Yes. For the World Cup. But the basketball arena is attached to the football stadium

Reactions: adam
could a shared stadium for soccer, basketball, and hockey (and concerts, etc.) be built? It would obviously have a retractable roof.
Bottom floors are a basketball/hockey arena. On top of that is a 40,000 seat SSS with retractable roof.

Forget finding new land. Just build up. It's the NY way.

I posted that. VTB Arena in Moscow.
65191vtb02.jpg

I wish the governor would give up the pipe dream of making the Javits Center somewhere people want to go, it's a giant waste of space and would be the perfect place for a combined stadium and arena building where you could move MSG to.

I wish the governor would give up the pipe dream of making the Javits Center somewhere people want to go, it's a giant waste of space and would be the perfect place for a combined stadium and arena building where you could move MSG to.
That building is the biggest white elephant... convention centers around the world, and in smaller cities, are so much more compelling, intriguing, and inviting than that shitty glass/steel monstrosity. It's one giant eyesore on the west side highway. It was the one place in the city that I had high hopes for Hurricane Sandy to flood and knock down, and Mother Nature never got the memo.

NYCFC needs to get on top of getting us a stadium. The South Bronx (#51) has been listed as a place to visit 2017. Im sure thats going to send real estate prices up. Sure City Group can afford. All those tourist im sure would love to come to yankee stadium, maybe catch us play

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/travel/places-to-visit.html

NYCFC needs to get on top of getting us a stadium. The South Bronx (#51) has been listed as a place to visit 2017. Im sure thats going to send real estate prices up. Sure City Group can afford. All those tourist im sure would love to come to yankee stadium, maybe catch us play

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/travel/places-to-visit.html
wow interesting list..... until you get to #51 and it loses all credibility. Why in gods green earth would anyone visit south bronx. Makes me wonder how many other places on the list are farcical and we just don't know.

#52 looks great, but that south bronx suggestions just has me thinking, maybe there are some undetonated wartime bombs in the area, surely that's the only reason its behind the south bronx in this list.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and NYCFCfan