Votes: 11 47.8%
  • Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
wow interesting list..... until you get to #51 and it loses all credibility. Why in gods green earth would anyone visit south bronx. Makes me wonder how many other places on the list are farcical and we just don't know.

#52 looks great, but that south bronx suggestions just has me thinking, maybe there are some detonated wartime bombs in the area, surely that's the only reason its behind the south bronx in this list.

http://thebronxbrewery.com/ Enough said.;)

wow interesting list..... until you get to #51 and it loses all credibility. Why in gods green earth would anyone visit south bronx. Makes me wonder how many other places on the list are farcical and we just don't know.

#52 looks great, but that south bronx suggestions just has me thinking, maybe there are some undetonated wartime bombs in the area, surely that's the only reason its behind the south bronx in this list.

South Bronx is one of last places before it gets fully gentrified. So thats a reason. In the next couple years you prob see high rise buildings and chain stores. So I guess tourist place of few place close to Manhattan that is not fully gentrified

Your post made me decide to look up some breweries on LI around me to potentially visit this weekend. Need to show some more love to beers close to home.

(Also, 30 minutes gone at work!!)

Barrier Brewery buddy!

Reactions: Schwallacus
NYCFCfan NYCFCfan , that is some great stuff. There is even more there. See below.

Ultimately, SI would never work. It ticks the box for being in the city, but without any of the benefits. Access is easiest from NJ, so it overlaps too much with NJRB, and those guys aren't showing up to the one team they already have.

image.png

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
That's a bit of a bummer. Wish the club would reconsider.

Although the accessibility and commute would be an issue for many fans, SI is such an untapped area of NYC. The St. George area is about to be real developed and a tourist spot after the wheel is built, so I can imagine the stadium being a nice addition to the area as well. Plus, more NYC residents are starting to move into SI. I feel as the years drag on, it'll be much more difficult to reconsider SI.

I apologize if this has already been brought up previously in this thread.

Besides the transport issues everyone mentioned, what happens to the SI Yankees? I understand most people here wouldn't care, assuming they leave, but it would still be a problem to fix. For one thing, I expect the councilmember tweeting above would want it to be a shared stadium and keep the SI Yankees there. He's in the business of adding to SI, not just trading one team for another. Even if we became the primary tenant we'd still be sharing a baseball stadium and frankly I'd rather have it be YS if that's the case. If we were to displace the SI Yankees then our 20% overlords would have to find a new home for that team. The NY-Penn League schedule only runs June through early September so that is one plus. But we'd still be dealing with the whole infield sod issue.

I'm afraid that you would lose more fans and STH than you would gain by having a stadium in SI based upon ease of access alone.

Yep. I live in Westchester and would have to drop my season tickets. It would be a longer commute for people in Westchester, the Bronx and Manhattan to get there than to get to Red Bull Arena. Brooklyn and Queens would be shorter, but only if they drove. It would be a beautiful site, but too hard to reach.

Besides the transport issues everyone mentioned, what happens to the SI Yankees? I understand most people here wouldn't care, assuming they leave, but it would still be a problem to fix. For one thing, I expect the councilmember tweeting above would want it to be a shared stadium and keep the SI Yankees there. He's in the business of adding to SI, not just trading one team for another. Even if we became the primary tenant we'd still be sharing a baseball stadium and frankly I'd rather have it be YS if that's the case. If we were to displace the SI Yankees then our 20% overlords would have to find a new home for that team. The NY-Penn League schedule only runs June through early September so that is one plus. But we'd still be dealing with the whole infield sod issue.

Yeah, I was curious about this too. The plan only works if the stadium is converted to a full time soccer stadium. That means that the SI Yankees would have to go. Would our minority owners be supportive of that? Probably not. Would SI prefer an MLS team with 17 home games to a minor league baseball team with a few dozen?

However, this does raise the question as to whether this would be an appropriate site for a future US Open Cup match.

Reactions: Kjbert
I got the impression from his "you would just need to add a few more seats and some suites" that he meant we could share with some "minor" modifications. That would seem to defeat all of the upside of designing and building the optimal SSS with soccer, the team, and fans in mind. F that noise.

I got the impression from his "you would just need to add a few more seats and some suites" that he meant we could share with some "minor" modifications. That would seem to defeat all of the upside of designing and building the optimal SSS with soccer, the team, and fans in mind. F that noise.
Which is why they rejected it. Still cool to know that there are people who were (are?) trying to get a stadium in their community in NYC.

Nope.

SIstadiumSize.png

South Bronx is one of last places before it gets fully gentrified. So thats a reason. In the next couple years you prob see high rise buildings and chain stores. So I guess tourist place of few place close to Manhattan that is not fully gentrified
The South Side of Chicago is also not fully gentrified and doesn't have high rise buildings.