• Etihad Field

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Etihad Arena

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Etihad Bowl

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Last edited:
I 100% believe that the Revs have no intention of building a SSS in Boston. Kraft has a stafium already and pays zero rent. The rumors of a SSS always seem to come out during Season Ticket renewals.
Agree and it's a pity. A SSS in Boston would revolutionize the soccer scene up there in the same way NYCFC has done in NYC #PunIntended

Agree and it's a pity. A SSS in Boston would revolutionize the soccer scene up there in the same way NYCFC has done in NYC #PunIntended

I know the situation is a little different for us but I see similar problems. You have Kraft already owning Gilette Stadium so what's the incentive to drop 100s of millions more on a SSS. The Yankees have a stake in NYCFC, are getting people through the turnstiles at their own stadium. The fact that it's a baseball stadium doesn't hurt attendance so where's the incentive to spend money on a SSS of our own?

I know the situation is a little different for us but I see similar problems. You have Kraft already owning Gilette Stadium so what's the incentive to drop 100s of millions more on a SSS. The Yankees have a stake in NYCFC, are getting people through the turnstiles at their own stadium. The fact that it's a baseball stadium doesn't hurt attendance so where's the incentive to spend money on a SSS of our own?

definitely similar problems in terms of available real estate and as noted even less incentive than us to build

Reactions: Kjbert and Jon
Greedy teachers. They make so much, why should a billionaire pay a little extra to them?
I don't know. Why should he? The land is worth what it's worth independent of who owns it. The union has a right to hold out for their reserve price, and he can try to push them lower. If a deal is in both of their interests it will get made, unless one of them gets stupid. If he separately wants to make a donation to the teacher's retirement fund, he can and God bless him. But I still see no reason why he should pay more for the land because of who owns it.

They have no intention of spending their own money on a stadium. Any Boston soccer stadium will be part of a larger, city or state sponsored redevelopment project. That's why they were behind the Olympics bid.

The interesting thing is that there is still a ton of re-developable land in Boston to go after if they wanted to. The new Mayor is a Southfield kid but Southie is pretty much done with redevelopment.

Since NYCFCfan brought it up on Twitter, I'm curious about people's current opinion of the idea of sharing a stadium with the Cosmos, which Rocco Commisso alluded to on a media conference call yesterday. I know a lot of people can't stand the Cosmos and would hate it, but if it helps get a stadium built, especially if they never move up to MLS...

That's your first post ever? The NASL will be dead by next year, along with the fcosmos 3.0. It's a moot point. It takes years to get a stadium built. You can't build one with a team in mind that along with their league might not exist by the time it's finished. Now if the Islanders wanted to go in on it and have the NHL's first outdoor arena, that would be cool as fuck!

EDIT: And more realistic.

That's your first post ever? The NASL will be dead by next year, along with the fcosmos 3.0. It's a moot point. It takes years to get a stadium built. You can't build one with a team in mind that along with their league might not exist by the time it's finished. Now if the Islanders wanted to go in on it and have the NHL's first outdoor arena, that would be cool as fuck!

EDIT: And more realistic.
Meet adam adam Head of the Forums Welcoming Committee.

Since NYCFCfan brought it up on Twitter, I'm curious about people's current opinion of the idea of sharing a stadium with the Cosmos, which Rocco Commisso alluded to on a media conference call yesterday. I know a lot of people can't stand the Cosmos and would hate it, but if it helps get a stadium built, especially if they never move up to MLS...

I wouldn't care.

But I still want to see a development at Aqueduct on the A line with a small outdoor stadium. It could be perfect for larger outdoor events in LI and a permanent home for the Cosmos. If the Cosmos grow, they can expand it.